Welcome to the "ZORum"

Advanced search  

News:

Did you vote for the ZOR naughty model?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 4 door project  (Read 256 times)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Big Pimpin Points +1012/-1
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
My 4 door project
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »

I recently traded a 97 with a bad crank snout for some ZOR product. It is a 4 door 5 speed two wheel drive. I am thinking GMC 3 speed auto with converted hi-lo t-case in front of a Samurai geared case. I saved a couple of the ZOR1 link for myself in case I don't make anymore and I have a set of built toy axles with 36" TSL swampers. So the concept for this build is a skid assembly that holds the transmission, dual cases and front pillow block for side shaft going to front. The skid will also hold the ZOR1 links and that leaves the choice of upper link, panhard bars or possibly another PogoTrac set up. For now I am seeing if the engine needs rebuilding but I have to spec out a crank swap to do a compression test. If I can get decent compression I will proceed on the skid design.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:26:16 AM by zorproducts »
Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

dadstoybox

• Build it and they will come
  • THG
  • Big Pimpin Points +53175/-1
  • Hustler
    • Haul-A-Round Trailer Sales and mfg.
Re: My 4 door project
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »

sounds like a cool little ride. had a 94 4 door give to me today, 4x4 ,don't know anything about it yet. have to go look and load it when I have time.
SURE YOU CAN TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT... JUST ASK AN INDIAN

Support Your Local Search & Rescue.......GET LOST !

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

geckocycles

• ZOR CLUB
  • Big Pimpin Points +0/-0
    • sammy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »

nopics

I love my 95 auto but the speedo cable keeps pukein on my foot and ruined my carpet as well.

Replaced the seal with https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/atp-at-speed-pinion-seal-so-34/11236310-P but it was too small on the OD. WTF? My OEM parts manual specs this seal for this year. SO-34

Is there a larger seal, has someone put a different cable housing or trans in from another year? This seal looks to be about 1mm to small. If so what year take a larger seal.
It's only 2000 lbs and growing

geckocycles

• ZOR CLUB
  • Big Pimpin Points +0/-0
    • sammy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 05:21:37 AM »

nopics

I love my 95 auto but the speedo cable keeps pukein on my foot and ruined my carpet as well.

Replaced the seal with https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/atp-at-speed-pinion-seal-so-34/11236310-P but it was too small on the OD. WTF? My OEM parts manual specs this seal for this year. SO-34

Is there a larger seal, has someone put a different cable housing or trans in from another year? This seal looks to be about 1mm to small. If so what year take a larger seal.

After MANY hours of researching I found the solution! No thanks to any of the forums or my FSM, guess I am the only one who found a solution and SO-34 is not it. Seal ID is .3 and drive gear is .275" or 7mm so even if it fit in the housing the ID is still too loose.
It's only 2000 lbs and growing
Pages: [1]   Go Up