ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: .22 ammo  (Read 1016 times)

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
Re: .22 ammo
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »

Thank the neck beards for that. The local wally world has had a sign for at least the last two years saying no .22lr available. I quit going to wally world for cheap ammo as I can find it else where, the plus side is I can get .22 with no limits on purchase.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

melbakid

• Sparky
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Southwest Idaho
  • Hey, let's see what's over the next hill!
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 06:34:16 PM »

I have been buying it when it goes on sale from Palmetto State Armory in South Carolina. I get their emails notices. Also Midsouth Shooters Supply sends out sales in emails. Picked up a Savage A17 last December and have been buying 17 HMR and 22LR ammo on the internet when it goes on sale.
Long time no see Gr8whiteninja. How's everything at the joint?
There are only 2  types of Samurai's: Those we need and those we want!
9/13 Goldilocks-1988.5 Soft top, 29's on 15x7's
2/15 Red Ryder-1988.5 Tin top 4.16 TC w/TT SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME steering stabilizer, Mighty Kong II
11/13 1995 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR (future parts car

Gr8whiteninja

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »

Everything is good Melbakid. I was actually out your way today doing some off-roading by Murphey.  Did you ever get that transfer case installed?

melbakid

• Sparky
  • ZOR CLUB
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »

Everything is good Melbakid. I was actually out your way today doing some off-roading by Murphey.  Did you ever get that transfer case installed?

I have had some serious health issues with my back. So the TC install has been on hold. That being said, two weeks ago I took the Tin Top to Todd Young at Top Line Truck in Nampa to install the new 4.16 TC with twisted stick option, rebuild the tranny, new rear main seal, new fly wheel, pressure plate, clutch, clutch cable & throw out bearing. I also bought the heavy duty trans mount, weld in TC braces, solid TC mounts and Mighty Kong 2 from Trail Tough and had Todd do everything at the same time. While he had it he also replaced the stock fuel pump which was puking oil all over the under carriage. He has done work for me on other vehicles besides the Sammy and I have been happy with his work and he is great to deal with.

I picked it up a week later. Drove it home. Then took it to Kuna the next day to fill the tank. The longer I drove it, the worse it sounded like it had a box of rocks in the transmission. I could feel it in the shifter. I could not feel anything in the TC. Drove it immediately back to Top Line and told Todd there was a problem with the transmission. He said he wanted to take it for a drive. When he got back he said it wasn't the trans but the transfer case. He threw it up on the lift, put the trans in 5th gear and the TC in neutral and started it up. When it got up in the air you could really hear the noise coming from the back of the TC. It appears to be the rear bearing in the case on the input side. You could feel the knocking and vibration at the back of the case. The transmission was making no noise at all. I have only got 42 miles on the entire new set up.

A bit of back story on the TC. I ordered it in May of 2015 and it was shipped in July of 2015 when I still lived in California. I was in the process of selling my house at the time. So I couldn't do any work on the vehicles at the request of the real estate agent. She did not want the shop to look all cluttered and messy. I didn't argue because I was making trips to Idaho about every 10 days moving our house hold and my shop equipment to storage in Nampa. The house sold in September and we moved to Idaho September 17, 2015.

I don't have any place to work on my vehicles as of yet. My wife and I are living with her parents. They have been very gracious with us. Now I have a TC that is 13 months old and out of warranty. I called Low Range and I was told it was out of warranty. I explained the situation. The person I talked to said to pull the TC and take pictures of the bearing and send them to LROR and if they felt it was a bad part they would send me a new bearing. Now I will have to pay to have it taken out and the bearing R&R and put back in on my dime.

Naturally I was not happy with that answer. I asked the person I was talking too to have Nick call Todd at Top Line so he could explain the problem to Nick. Todd and Nick know each other. I also asked the person to have Nick call me after he talked to Todd to give me a heads up. That was on a Friday. Nick had left to go racing. I talked to Todd on Monday afternoon and he said that morning Nick called. Nick told Todd that they would try to work something out. That was 8 days ago, so I'm in limbo right now. I have not heard from Nick. It has been 8 days.
2/15 Red Ryder-1988.5 Tin top 4.16 TC w/TT SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME steering stabilizer, Mighty Kong II

Gr8whiteninja

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »

That sucks

melbakid

• Sparky
  • ZOR CLUB
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »

Just picked up two bricks (1000 rounds) for $80 at Nampa Gun Show Saturday morning.  2up
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up