ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temp gage  (Read 554 times)

RJG79

• NWS
Temp gage
« on: December 29, 2015, 05:59:41 AM »

Quick question..

My temperature gage would only slightly rise, it would get close to the bottom line. So, I replaced the temperature sender and it now starts at the bottom line but will peg out at the top after a few minutes of running. I figured maybe it is running hot so I replaced the thermostat and put fresh (demineralized) water in and it is still doing the same thing. The fan is turning and it isn't running like it's over heating. There isn't any oil in the water or vice versa.

The bolt head on the new temp sender (beck and arnley) was smaller than the one I replaced. Is it likely that I put the wrong sender in? Or could I have just gotten a faulty one?

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: Temp gage
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »

Pictures mean a lot because you did not mention
Engine year
Engine size
Vehicle year
There are multiple sensors out there for different engines that have various readings. Plus you have the euro version and things are all ready different.

But one item remains constant

The most common problem with Japanese vehicles are grounds. Yes grounds. Almost every issue known to Suzuki and Toyota start with cleaning grounds and making sure the isolated parts are bonded (i.e. Firewall to battery, frame to firewall, distributor housing to firewall, t-stat area to ground to read sensors better)
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

RJG79

• NWS
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »

I have an 88 1.3 stock.. I'll have to verify grounding points.. I can snap a few pics tomorrow also.. Thanks for taking the time to give me a starting point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJG79

• NWS
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:05:33 AM »

Here are a few pics of the engine bay.. I don't see a ground near the temperature sender.. If you need any other shots let me know.

Don't mind my fuel filter catch can :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up