ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidekick Tracker Front Bumper mounts and bolts  (Read 560 times)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Sidekick Tracker Front Bumper mounts and bolts
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »

Customer in OK just had this happen and we are going to be upgrading all future orders to a larger bolt. We will be emailing all previous customers to check their mounts and how to receive a free upgrade kit. The bumper will have to be unbolted and the mounting holes enlarged.

This is the first time we heard that the bolts sheared on this style bumper. We can't find out if they were over tightened as they are to far damaged or lost but a 3/8" bolt has a incredible amount of shear capacity even IF they were grade 5. Keeping in mind 6 bolts were in place it's mind boggling as how this could occur because the car weight could be suspended with a couple of jeeps attached to it. All hanging off the ground.

https://www.hobson.com.au/files/hobson-update/hobupd_vol011.pdf

However, we will be going to 7/16" bolt upgrades are available to all previous customers. My concern is over tightening is not anything we can control or warranty.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:30:04 AM by zorproducts »
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up