Welcome to the "ZORum"

Advanced search  

News:

The Suzuki community is alive and well because even with all our differences, respect gives us pause to consider how not to offend.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New engine on the horizon for the Turbo Samurai  (Read 70 times)

Mr. Black

• ZOR CLUB
  • Big Pimpin Points +1/-0
  • Located in: South Hill Wa.
New engine on the horizon for the Turbo Samurai
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:54:26 AM »

Now that my Samurai is pretty well sorted and nearly all the fabrication is up to speed on the turbo kit installation and power steering installation I'm ready to get rid of the worn out long block that is in really poor health.   

If you were going to build or buy a new engine that is purpose built for the 5-6PSI turbo kit what would you look for in said engine?  How would it be built any different from a non boosted application? 

One part of me just wants to be lazy buy the Petroworks rebuilt engine and slap that in and go.    Is that a stupid idea? 
Steve

88 Samurai. MY-Turbo 1.3, 40mm CV Carb, SPOA-YJs, TG 6.5 Gears, LROR Tcase Cradle, 33x10.50 KM2s on TMI Beadlocks.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Big Pimpin Points +1013/-1
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: New engine on the horizon for the Turbo Samurai
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

II donít recommend engines be turboed with less than 1000 miles. A recent situation came up with a short block from them and a customer that had a non turboed My-side. From day one it would blow a quart of oil out the breather tube of the valve cover in 20 miles of driving. He sent me a video it had tremendous blow by. The customer called me and I gave advice that ultimately put me in disfavor with the engine builder they use.  They said he installed it wrong to have that much low by. Cylinder  two piston blew out within 200 miles. He removed the head and took pictures. He said he was told all the problems were caused by the ZOR CV kit  that he had run for a long time previously. I offered to help him even though it was not my engine but the disheartened fellow gave up and sold off everything and left the Suzuki Community. Which he told me he was going to do if they did not stand behind it. I do business with Petroworks for the last few years, after ten years of not speaking to them over some other issues in 2006. We do things to a engine that we know will be turboed. I also know how to convert a turboed CV carb to run with the BPR set up for the 1000 mile break in. Cams and exhaust valves, are not going to be of any consequence when boosting. Our recommendation has been proven over and over
Small bore not 40 over
Copper head gasket
Great quality parts we use factory brand AISIN pumps water and oil not Chinese and 8.5 pistons with .001Ē extra ring gap with over honing. At $1849 before head gasket upgrade we are super competitive, no core charge hassles just send us your old long block. I really appreciate all the help you have been here o the ZORum if you decide to go with us I will provide the copperhead gasket at half off.
Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up