ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoking turbo and oil in charge tube issue progress  (Read 371 times)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Smoking turbo and oil in charge tube issue progress
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:17:56 PM »

So the catchcans have worked for some BUT we have experienced no smoke turbos then added a catch and smoke occurs.

Issues eliminated on a recently installed turbo by removing catch can
Oil leaks into charge tube
Smoke or oil out exhaust

Blow by can’t escape fast enough forcing engine pressure pushing up drain hose and into shaft area of turbo.

For engine with excessive blow-by clamp a 24” Long 1/2” rubber hose into the valve cover port and and point down the firewall. ZOR will no longer be shipping catch cans with Turbos.

Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

• ZOR CLUB
Re: Smoking turbo and oil in charge tube issue progress
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »

I have fix some catch can issues with a few modifications... First one being drilling out the angle on the intake and exhaust fittings for the catch can so air can actually flow through it.
Next I added a down tube on the intake side of it to about 3/4 the length of the catch can, next on the list was a stainless steel Brillo pad Unwound and stuffed in from the bottom as a catch-all and baffle.
From there on reassembly I added a little RTV to the bottom of the intake and outtake fittings as well as fiddled around with the sight glass tube to make sure everything had a 100% airtight seal, from there the most important thing is to make sure you are pulling vacuum for the catch can in a way and spot that actually has a powerful vacuum

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: Smoking turbo and oil in charge tube issue progress
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:49:32 PM »

Seriously we gave up on on catch cans
Any pressure it won’t allow to flow out of engine goes into turbo from oil pan.
No more leaks since restrictor  and eliminate catch can. It doesn’t mean we won’t work on something like home made catch cans that breath better but for now problem solved by hose breathing to atmosphere.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up