ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clutch cable help?  (Read 439 times)

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
Clutch cable help?
« on: February 11, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »

I bolted a g13bb in my samurai and now the clutch cable is too short.   Even with the adjusting nuts all the way out i can't attach the clutch cable to the clutch lever and engine mounting bracket.   I took the engine back out..  It all looked fine.  Lowered the old motor in with no flywheel or clutch assembly and its still short.   I have the dots on the transmission lever aligned correctly per FSM.  I have three guess, maybe not good ones, on what the Issue could be.

1)  i screwed up something on the transmission side during assembly.   No clue what that could be.

2) The transmission lever originally had been put back on with the dots not aligned so it could use a shorter cable.

3) The bracket was originally mounted closer to the transmission using only bolt.  I do remember the bracket only had a bolt missing

Any help appreciated,  I'm feeling dumb.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: Clutch cable help?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:17:16 AM »

Where did you get the cable? Is it new? Is it the old cable? The bracket on the side should t change between A or B blocks as we use both frequently and use the same cables.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »

Where did you get the cable? Is it new? Is it the old cable? The bracket on the side should t change between A or B blocks as we use both frequently and use the same cables.

Its the old clutch cable.   I don't think its a block issue.  I measured the bosses, they are in the same place.  I also put the old block back in, same problem.  I think the bracket was just mounted in the wrong spot before i took everything apart.    I think i should just track down a genuine suzuki cable and try that.   

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »

It was the cable it.   Compared to a Factor Suzuki cable it was about 2" shorter on the the threaded rod part, and a little shorter over all.

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »

Question did you use the Samurai Flywheel or the Swift flywheel? There is a difference. Thickness and spacing for the clutch will cause this issue. I ran into this myself and had to fab/modify the bracket to run the lighter Swift flywheel.
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 03:43:48 PM »

It was a new fly wheel from Napa for a samurai

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 06:48:54 PM »

Yeah, sorry I got way ahead of myself. I should have read the whole thread first... LOL... A few to many beers and a long hours
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

Your input is always appreciated! 2up
Pages: [1]   Go Up