ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build thread for Renee’s work-Read POST#1  (Read 1248 times)

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: South West VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
Re: Build thread for Renee’s work-Read POST#1
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »

Okay :) I just felt like it was maybe unfair... And yes, I do need a Zuks shirt, or hoodie, or both. That's kind of how fall, winter, and spring are up here in the mountains :) we may be down south, but we're also 2-3k above sealevel :D

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »

Oh, right! :)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »

We are missing a few pieces to complete kits but people have donated enough to send you a myside1 and a new Harley carb kit.

Thought you might like some good news
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »

Oh wow, thank you everyone!!! I again still don't know what to say.... thank you so much.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »

Replacing the entirety Zukie's front breaks tomorrow. When Zukie got her state inspection, the mechanic said they'd pass it, but the right caliper is on it's way out. It's just started to get a bit iffy after our drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway, so decided to bite the bullet before it starts really being winter up here. Following the rule of pairs, and the fact that the middle run previous owners definitly did not do proper matinance, guna do both. We luckily started saving after the inspection, got one caliper and then the second and the rotors when I started getting donations from friends. Nervous, but not too much. Pretty self explanatory, just slightly concerned the mounting bolts may be toast. Stay tuned for pictures, and maybe a vid full of cursing, haha ;)

gribble

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:56 AM »

Did you already get the calipers? I don't know if it'd be  cost effective, but you could probably rebuild the calipers you have, or even use 4 door Sidekick rotors and  calipers. I think they're a bolt on and would offer a little more braking for when you run bigger tires/wheels.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »

Yeah, I did. Have had them for a while, back when I was pretty anxious about doing stuff like that. Once I get my core charge back, they wont have been that expensive. It's been alot of 'live and learn' with Zukie, but now more 'learn and live' with ZOR by my side :)

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »

The good thing is you can use those new disk's and pads on the rear in a rear disk swap. When you do that, put the track/kick stuff up front. Same goes with the calipers.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 07:13:03 AM »

OH YEAH, good point, Phloop! I do want to do that at some point!..... yes, I totally meant to do this is what I meant to say...yes... thumbs up

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 07:41:15 AM »

A whole lotta rust in here, but luckily doesn't feel like it's any worse than just on the surface. Cleaning time after I get the calipers off.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 08:44:32 AM »

Photo proof, heh. Lol, y'all like my original shock/strut right here? Jeeze...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:52:22 AM by ZukieRen »

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 07:14:42 AM »

Cleaning time turned into cleaning weekend. So many seized bolts, rust welding, and more gooped on oil that I missed when I cleaned Zukie last. But it's done! Pretty proud, I know it was just the break calipers, rotors, and rubber lines that I replaced, but it was the biggest overhaul I've done by myself since probably cleaning and painting the engine bay, except this time I was alot more terrified to do it.
Hubby played errand boy when we couldn't find a tool here and there. :) Oh! The garage is not ours, it's my in-law's, heh.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 07:42:17 AM »

Next mission: Project Coolant Leak

This time, it's not as easy. Heh. Last time there was a leak, I just needed to tighten the clamps up. This time, it's sneeky. I finally got a glimps of one leaky spot right at the thermostat gasket, but I feel like there has to be one more. There is coolant all down the underside of the transfercase (along with some kind of oil... that's another leak I need to find). A friend of ours is guna let us borrow that tool you can put on the radiator cap to create pressure on the system without running the engine, but in the meantime, it's that gasket for sure. It's also about time I flushed the system anyway.
Any tips, tricks, and absolute stay aways would be welcome :). Oh, and the radiator is brand new.

gribble

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »

That pressure test kit is the best way to go. You don't have to worry about moving parts, getting burned, ect. Keep it pressurized, find a leak, fix that leak. Then run it to take the air out of the system. Let it cool off, pressure test it again to find the next leak. Unless you can find more than one leak at a time, of course.

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »

There shouldn't be any coolant on the transfer case as it is a divorced set up. The only way you could have coolant on the TC is a hole in the floor and a leaky heater core. Maybe. If you mean transmission, check the coolant log that comes off the back of the water pump, I have heard they spring leaks at times.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up