ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hose help  (Read 159 times)

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
Hose help
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »

So, almost two years ago when I first started improving poor Zukie, the radiator was the first to go. So I got my new radiator, new radiator hoses, and hooked them up. Everything was fine, untill this month. Tightened all the hose clamps, no change. I am pretty sure the leak is coming from the remainder of the coolant/water hoses in the back and underneith, in addition to the thermostat's gasket. While that one is an easy find and thus also fix, my newbieness is showing when it comes to the other hoses. Can someone point me in the right direction for their replacements? Thanks in advance, I just want to do it right and not play google roulette. :)

Pretty sure the fuel hoses,  vacuum hoses, and the vapor can hoses are on their last legs too, but draining the entire overflow reservoir in 3 days has me thinking this one's gotta be first... Thank you!

Also, any idea where to either rent or get that radiator testing kit that puts pressure on the line without runing the engine to find leaks would also be much appreciated.
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
Re: Hose help
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:56:20 AM »

Napa sells the tester, but you might be able to rent one from Vatozone. As far as hoses, unless you can get the silicon type, they will always dry out and crack or swell with oil saturation. Just one of those common maintenance items
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:14:34 AM »

Orielys or how ever its speelled may loan that to you as well.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:07:47 AM »

Thank you guys, I had forgotten that we have a NAPA. We also have OReileys, AutoZone, and Advance. And thank you for the heads up on Silicone. I'll get back soon, poor Zukie bleed out again, this time in 24 hours :(
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017
Pages: [1]   Go Up