ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Brody  (Read 274 times)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Welcome Brody
« on: November 01, 2018, 06:28:21 AM »

Hey everyone please welcome Brody and his parents Marc and Carmen. From what I hear we have a pretty excited offroader here. As with all Sponsorships if you want to donate a few dollars towards product I am not so proud to say no. I am personally getting a little emotional when reminded of previous young off-roaders that ZOR has sponsored. I have seen some pictures of Brody’s wheeling abilities and I am impressed. Or should I say jealous?
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
Re: Welcome Brody
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:16:01 PM »

Welcome to the ZORum, you have found a great sponsor.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

Slapaho1982

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »

Hey guys what's up I'm Marc Brody's dad. This is his samurai he and I built. When Brody was 8 I told him if he could drive this tin top home "a couple miles down a dirt road" that I'd buy him his own.  Well I told him how to shift and use the clutch he started it up and away he went.  I stoped him at the end of the road and he asked how to shift gears to go faster...
   So needless to say I bought him his own zuk.  He drove it for abut 9 months or so with no power steering and got his butt kicked. So after new years he got a flat tire while we were camping. It went into pthe garage and we got a Lil carried away.. We literally built this out scrap parts and old stuff I had tucked away in the garage. All the body panels are old street signs. I had a extra t case "I'm a Sammy part hoarder" and I had some coil overs off an abandoned project that went no where. A friend owns a Lil fab shop so I dug through his scrap bins and salvaged whatever I could. I picked up a used set of axles on a trade with my brother with a set of 35''s attached (Score). It's been a blast we wheel often and this kid loves the sport! Hope to see ya all out there on the trails!

Outlaw Sami Kid

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Hi Everyone, I'm Brody aka Outlaw Sami Kid. I am 9 years old and in 4th grade. I'm excited to meet you all! I've loved wheeling for as long as I can remember. My dad bought me my first Samurai when I was 8 years old. It was a stick shift (dad taught me to drive one when I was 7!) and he told me if I could drive it home by myself, I could have it. Well... I MADE IT HOME! Now I have a custom built lime green (my favorite color) Samurai buggy that my dad built for me (I helped a little). I've wheeled it all over Cougar Buttes and Calico. I'll be out at the Hammers soon testing my skills! I can't wait!!

Slapaho1982

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »

Samurai specs
1.3 with 3k carb
Dana 44 front
Full floating dana 44 rear
Detroit lockers,6.0 gears, cromoly shafts
6.5: tcase
#CampRockfab spine
Double triangulated 4 link
16" travel fox air shocks rear
Currie atirock rear
14"travel fox coil overs
Front is a heep of scrap stuff welded together to make
A y link "3"link  (it works and that's what we had) haha
1.5 dom cage
35 x 15 tires
Soon to be sitting on 40's with ram assist steering

zorproducts

• Administrator
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »

Sponsored folk get big discounts on Trail-Gear and ZOR products.

LIME GREEN huh? I heard that you liked bright colors of the green variety.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Located in: White River, South Dakota
  • Dead Broke Zuker
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 04:28:20 AM »

Welcome Marc and Brody. This is a great story all the way around. Its great to see a young man take to something with such enthusiasm and for a father to put so much time and effort into helping him.
Never Squat when You Are Wearing Spurs

Akatimshady

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »

Awesome

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: South West VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 08:28:03 AM »

Welcome Brody! I too also love lime green :)

Slapaho1982

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »

Just got some new Yukon drive flanges for Brody's rear axle. Should be back in business for thanksgiving at the hammers! Gotta get the flanges installed and build a new track bar mount. Hopefully I'll get his new steering done and his 40''s mounted before then too but we will see if time will let us get it all done..

Outlaw Sami Kid

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »

So excited!!! Dad got me some new Yukon goodies!! Can't wait!!

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 06:47:38 PM »

Hey kiddo, why you lay on your side to take pic's? lol

Just funnin' with ya. Looks like some good stuff. Now go give dad grief that he took the pic's at the wrong angle.

And remember, this is a light hearted forum. Any bad comments send them to any mods please.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

zorproducts

• Administrator
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »

Send me a picture of the side of the samurai where the door hinges would go. Also where the door latches would go. Unless Dad is buying Yukon wholesale, he doesn’t grasp sponsorship. But then he did build this entire bad boy Outlaw rig for $20

Not to many moderators around but admins are phloop, still zukin, zorproducts and my other user MY.
Stay outta my tree.

Slapaho1982

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »

Dad definitely paid wholesale..lol dad has accounts at trail gear, Yukon "randys", and transamerican.. the drive flanges I had to get before this weekend and I help out at a buddies fab shop "Camp Rock Fab" here in Lucerne Valley CA. I order parts for the shop and get to pay his cost for all our stuff we need. Lol
 The door hinges are stock hinges that I cut to make for easy swap between full and half doors. The latchest are just small tubing that we slide a piece of round stock through to keep them shut. I really need to revamp that set up but we were in a hurry and just whipped something together. I'll snap some pics this weekend when I'm installing the new flanges and new track bar mount...
  We just cut the new mount on camprocks torchmate plasma table. One of the perks to having a buddy with a sweet cnc plasma table...lol

Slapaho1982

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »

Brody pulling the tires off to get to the broken stuff..lol
He wants to play well he's gotta learn how to fix it too!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up