ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New headlight problems  (Read 245 times)

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
New headlight problems
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »

Need help. Fitting my Samurai with led headlights and by the looks of the diagram I thought I had it right. The running lights don't come on unless the headlight switch is on for full headlights. I tapped the wire labeled vcc direct to the running light. That right?

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
Re: New headlight problems
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »

Iíll try and look at this again when not drinking  mimosas.   But my first thought is samuraiswitch the ground.  You may need a interposing relay.

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »

Iíll try and look at this again when not drinking  mimosas.   But my first thought is samuraiswitch the ground.  You may need a interposing relay.

I'm sober and I still didn't understand what you said lol. I can throw a wrench at most mechanical problems and get lucky but wiring I get lost. Thanks for looking into it.

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »

I cheated and got the relay setup from Acks facts.  As the  LED's will not work with the power running the wrong way from the switch. I think that is right.

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »

I cheated and got the relay setup from Acks facts.  As the  LED's will not work with the power running the wrong way from the switch. I think that is right.
After emailing the guy who sold them to me he is going to send out a couple resistors and ill try that. Well see.....

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »

sorry I forgot about this past after new years eve night.....

Anyway I think I misunderstood your problem.   your saying the headlights work, but you have some sort of marker light that doesn't work? That could still be caused by the ground being switched instead of the hot if the vcc wire is switched +12v.  The power wouldn't have a way to return the battery/alternator until the headlight were turned on.  If that's the case resistors are not going to solve the problem.   did any other documention come with the lights?   any markings for polarity on the decoder?>

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »

Samurais electric is not the same as most trucks I BELIEVE not positive (edit no pun) but I think negative and ground have to be properly set up ie no cheating lol

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

sorry I forgot about this past after new years eve night.....

Anyway I think I misunderstood your problem.   your saying the headlights work, but you have some sort of marker light that doesn't work? That could still be caused by the ground being switched instead of the hot if the vcc wire is switched +12v.  The power wouldn't have a way to return the battery/alternator until the headlight were turned on.  If that's the case resistors are not going to solve the problem.   did any other documention come with the lights?   any markings for polarity on the decoder?>
I'll try and get a pic to explain what I have going on. The running light wire is hot but doesn't turn on the running light part of the headlight. How would I return power? Some sort of jumper wire from grounds. I'm gotta bad feeling I'm gonna fry something..

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »

Are you asking about DRLís? Samiís did not come with DRLís. So no connection for them. You have marker lights and head lights, thatís it. Day Time Running Lights are not a feature on the Sami so to make them work, youíll have to figure out a way to make them work.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 03:58:31 AM »

Are you asking about DRLís? Samiís did not come with DRLís. So no connection for them. You have marker lights and head lights, thatís it. Day Time Running Lights are not a feature on the Sami so to make them work, youíll have to figure out a way to make them work.
Ya marker lights, I guess I always called them running lights but yes the first click on your light switch. 

dadstoybox

• Build it and they will come
  • THG
  • Hustler
    • Haul-A-Round Trailer Sales and mfg.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 04:34:53 AM »

None of the led lights are made to plug n play on a suzuki samurai . Samurai switches ground in order to tirn on or off the lights , side signal (day time running) lights and all . You will have to run a separate wire , switch and relay to trigger the daytime running light on the new headlights .
   Also if required , a Ksfac sells a wire harness and all parts required to operate the new led headlights on the samurai .
SURE YOU CAN TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT... JUST ASK AN INDIAN

Support Your Local Search & Rescue.......GET LOST !

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 05:08:13 AM »

Ack's U-Do-It CHSKY(tm) Harness Install Kit

Plug-N-Play LED Headlights on the cheap with the CHSKY(tm) Harness, Ack's U-Do-It mounting kit and the LED headlights of your choice!

8lgd

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 04:27:04 PM »

The company I bought the lights from sent me a free set of resistors. They didn't make a difference, and I think the Sami didn't like them because the one resistor I had plugged in got hot to the touch. So I went back to just having the running lights on with the headlights. I did notice when my slightly weak battery dipped below full charge it caused one light to flicker. I will keep a link to the led plug kit just in case I change my mind. Thanks..

dadstoybox

• Build it and they will come
  • THG
  • Hustler
    • Haul-A-Round Trailer Sales and mfg.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

SURE YOU CAN TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT... JUST ASK AN INDIAN

Support Your Local Search & Rescue.......GET LOST !

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: South West VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »

When you all need any lights

https://www.facebook.com/WellLitLedOffRoadLighting/

Do you happen to have the LED Electronic Flasher Relay, which can be swaped with the relay above the fuse box to eliminate the need for any led resistors? One came with a set I got a while back and it fixed the leds I had retrofitted at the time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up