ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOR Snatch Install Question  (Read 139 times)

Spokerider

• ZOR CLUB
ZOR Snatch Install Question
« on: January 05, 2019, 08:18:35 AM »

Well, I posted this once already..........but it seems the post has just disappeared......so I'll post it up again.

Installing the ZOR Snatch;

The drivers side "spacer" that comes with the kit.........does it go below the frame mount, to act as a thick washer, or go between the "rib" and the frame mount?

I have installed it below, as in a thick washer......but this guy installed it between the rib and frame mount. Which is correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJClvsBqTSE

Correct alignment of the zuk TC is critical, this I know. Miss-alignment can cause unusual noise. I'm trying to chase down a grinding noise with low rpms [ 2000 rpm and under ] in 3rd and 4th gear [ vw diesel ].

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
Re: ZOR Snatch Install Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:40:09 AM »

That block goes under the mount, not over it. It is not a spacer, it’s is a back up for the frame mount.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:40:59 AM »

Sorry for the info lost, there’s an upgrade on the site going on.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

Spokerider

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 12:45:50 PM »

Thank you for that clarification.

BTW......that guy in the vid is a knob, giving out mis-information.  (/\) boxing

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:49:00 AM »

Driver side 1” square Rib sits on frame mount, the  spacer goes under the mount as follows
Put bolt thru thick rectangular steel washer. Put threads pointing up thru hole in mounting platform thru the 1” square rip. Place washer in top and apply the 7/16” Nylock.

Passenger rear takes same size spacer on bottom threaded up thru into the welded on nut. The biggest spacer gets hammered into the gap til the bolt hole aligns. The HIP or big folded angle with hammock tabs sits on the spacer hammered into frame gap. The other end of HIP sits on crossmember. Bolt goes thru square thick spacer threads up thru hole of crossmember thru hole in HIP, washer lock washer and NUT on top.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up