ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samauri carb replacement  (Read 1158 times)

Harry

• ZOR CLUB
Samauri carb replacement
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:52:02 PM »

Need new carb for my 88 samauri. It's lazy at top end and choke won't work.  Looking a replacement from East Indian company online. Under $ 150 !  Any advice appreciated, I'm about 2 on the nexus scale of 10.  Thanks

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
Re: Samauri carb replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »

I would not go back with the stock carb. I only have personal experience with the 3k swap, best thing I have done to that rig. seems like there are a lot of options for upgrades from stock. Just my opinion though sure there are a lot of more knowledgeable people on here.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:35:57 PM »

Only time will tell if Chinese carb invasion is good or bad for most. I have heard complaints from the beginning for customers calling me and purchasing a CV fuel system. I read lots of positives from recent installers but long term not so many. Zuk groups on FB know a guy that makes a kit based around the Chincom stuff that people compliment. Someone will post his name here for you. As anti Weber as I am, which goes against other Samurai vendors, some friends, the K carbs are a contender for my loathing. High quality doesn’t come in a $85 box shipped from China. They do work and there are lots of fellas willing to explain how to do the mods with vise grips  and files. For off camber trail rigs the CV MY-Side has been established as a long term proven fuel system. Unfortunately, they are not in every Suzuki owners budget.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »

There is a decent amount of information on his website, I used his kit to save time. you can certainly do it with out the kit. There is a lot of information out there about it.

www.certifiedmachine.com

I don't have experience with any other carburetor options. From what I know, I would not say that the Toyota carbs are the best carbs and the Chinese knock offs are subject to substandard quality control. I have tried a couple e-bay carbs on other machines as well. It can be a cheap, quick, possibly temporary fix. I have one on my little dirt bike that has been running for 4 years now with no issues. My samurai has only had that carb on it since spring but it runs really well... for now. I feel like I already got my money worth out of it but I hope it will keep running. I would definitely not waste money putting a stock carb back on though.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 11:12:17 PM »

Thanks for the link.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up