ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glacier build  (Read 354 times)

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
Glacier build
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:41:18 PM »

I'm stuck at work watching a progress bar load.... so i think i'll spend the time moving a thread I had started on Zukirawlers, and zuwharrie.  I'm not sure if anyone over here is interested.

I have plans to swap in g13bb, 1.3 16v, into my samurai and control it with a Megasquirt ecu.

Why?
I like fuel injection
I like the idea of sticking with a 1.3 in samurai
Megasquirt looks fun.

Why not a 1.6 16v?
'cause i dont want too?  I don't have a great reason.

Here is the little truck that will hopefully be powered by a  sequentially injected 1.3.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:51:52 PM by Bad Goat »

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
Re: Glacier build
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »

I'm starting with a 1.3 from a 2000 swift.  I picked it for $50,  but is missing some parts, suck as ignition coils and sensors.

Also bought a harbor freight engine stand from craigslist, and an engine hoist.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 02:46:32 PM »

The g13bb intake ports are a LOT bigger than the g13a.   Notice the quarter for scale in the pictures.   Hopefully that will mean more hamster power!

I should mention that this is thread is going to be updated at a glacial pace.  The monetary budget is good, but the time budget is almost nonexistent.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

I took the head off to evaluate the motor, and got some bad news.    One of the valves was burned.  But hey it was $50.   I'm just going to hand lap the valves and put everything back together.  I don't want to experiment with megasquirt on a new rebuild.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »

I took apart the g13bb alternator today to clean, it was pretty dirty.  Its a very similar alternator to the Samurais, but does sport an extra 10 amps, a whole whopping 55A!  Plug looks the same too.  I also took the opportunity peak at the bearings.  I'm glad i did, the grease in the front bearing was really waxy, most of the oil had separated out.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

I need to take some pictures, but nagtrainer welded the swift pan to the samarui pan so i could clear the axle.  the samauri pan didn't have a spot for the crank position sensor.

gribble

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Rapid City, SD
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »

I'm super interested in this build. More modern things like EFI are always up my alley. I have experience with TBI, LT1, and LS GM engines, so my experience is better than with carb stuff.

Is the g13bb a rear wheel drive platform? I don't know if I've even seen a Swift before.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »

The Suzuki swift is the same thing as the Geo/chevy Metro.   GM just bought the car from suzuki.   The g13bb came out of a front wheel drive car, and the thermostat is on the back of the block.   I'm going to attempt the intake so the coolant comes out in the stock location.   

I tried to upload pictures of the work on the intake, but i got the following message.

"An Error Has Occurred! Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.:"

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:06:50 PM by Bad Goat »

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »

Hey goat. Please add your state.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 09:06:58 PM »

Some of my pictures pass the security checks, but not all.   The "finished" weld pics didn't.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:30:06 PM by Bad Goat »

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 07:04:17 PM »

Was wondering how you were going to get past the Thermostat in the back of the head.. I used a Buick Radiator hose and a Nissan therm housing...

Nice job
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:48 PM »

Why not a 1.6 16v?
'cause i dont want too?  I don't have a great reason.

The G13BB has plenty of Poop, trust me. It's like going from a 305 to a 350... Ford guy's a 5.4 Triton to a 5.0 Coyote (us old guys, a 260 to a 302)

Anyway, with a stock T-case and stock diff's I was able to travel up and down Hwy 15 with out to much trouble or down shifting into 4th. had no issue doing 85 either... When I swapped to kick gears in the diffs I hit 100 in fifth bouncing the rev limiter at 68-7000 RPM. that's using two measurements, Radar (speed trap) and the Lowrance GPS. With the MicroSquirt I could tune it and was a bit quicker.
Remind you this was a stock G13BB from a Swift. I put flat tops and a cam in it. Microsquirt and it woke right up.

I recommend going to the larger 1.6 TB as it is 5 mm bigger. also MY sells a Try Y that works really damn good for bottom end power. 
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up