ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134   Go Down

Author Topic: MARCH 2019 Product Giveaway Topic  (Read 39808 times)

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
Re: MARCH 2019 Product Giveaway Topic
« Reply #1920 on: March 31, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »

Do you have a headliner in there still?

I dont it's just bare there is a cross piece I jammed a rag behind it made a big difference

Was it gone when you got your Samurai? If so do you think it would be quieter or louder? Just wondering. I know a guy with a TT and he talks off and on about selling it. I think his is missing the headliner. I've never seen how they mount.

It was gone and until now I assumed they never had one. When holes in the floor get fixed I'm moving on to thick carpet and now something for the headliner to quiet things down as much as possible

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #1921 on: March 31, 2019, 10:51:07 AM »

Do you have a headliner in there still?

I dont it's just bare there is a cross piece I jammed a rag behind it made a big difference

Was it gone when you got your Samurai? If so do you think it would be quieter or louder? Just wondering. I know a guy with a TT and he talks off and on about selling it. I think his is missing the headliner. I've never seen how they mount.

It was gone and until now I assumed they never had one. When holes in the floor get fixed I'm moving on to thick carpet and now something for the headliner to quiet things down as much as possible

I remember reading that maybe not all TT had them. Think I'm remembering now that they were probably glued on so you would likely have seen the remnants of that if yours ever had one. But yes, apparently many or most if not all had them at one time.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1922 on: March 31, 2019, 11:00:27 AM »

What is the one for sale by you made of? Meaning is it thick with any integrity or just cloth?

Does bed liner help with noise? It's so tempting but it's a dang echo chamber in there now lol

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1923 on: March 31, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »

What is the one for sale by you made of? Meaning is it thick with any integrity or just cloth?

Does bed liner help with noise? It's so tempting but it's a dang echo chamber in there now lol

I'm pretty sure his is missing to. From what I remember they were like some kind of backer board covered with a thin layer of padding and I think the JX had like a velour cover of some sort while the JK had a vinyl cover. Doesn't seem from my reading about them that they were really substantial but I bet they cut the echo chamber and rattle noise some.

I'd like to get a TT but that has been my worry, the echo chamber effect, but I'm sure it could be mitigated. Not sure if a bedliner would offer any help or not.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1924 on: March 31, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure his is missing to. From what I remember they were like some kind of backer board covered with a thin layer of padding and I think the JX had like a velour cover of some sort while the JK had a vinyl cover. Doesn't seem from my reading about them that they were really substantial but I bet they cut the echo chamber and rattle noise some.

I'd like to get a TT but that has been my worry, the echo chamber effect, but I'm sure it could be mitigated. Not sure if a bedliner would offer any help or not.

Dont forget they are soooooo much better looking too  2up

I was in the market for a soft top so the kids can have fun with no top but mine was too good a deal to pass up

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1925 on: March 31, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »

Dont forget they are soooooo much better looking too  2up

I was in the market for a soft top so the kids can have fun with no top but mine was too good a deal to pass up

:-)rofl  :-)))   

You might look into some Dynamat or something similar and see about putting that back there and covering it somehow with some cloth or whatever. It offers soundproofing/deadening as well as some insulation. You wouldn't want to use it where it'll trap moisture and cause rust. Its self adhesive and you can hang it pretty much anywhere. Kinda Spendy. I've been thinking about using some  inside my doors.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1926 on: March 31, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »

I'm gonna check it out thank you!

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1927 on: March 31, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »

Not a problem. We're all here to help each other.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #1928 on: March 31, 2019, 12:55:35 PM »

And post to hopefully win free parts:)

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #1929 on: March 31, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »

Yessir