ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intercooler  (Read 44 times)

Dutch23

• ZOR CLUB
Intercooler
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »

Thought I would share my intercooler setup for those who might be curious and for some feedback. I bought a used intercooler off ebay from a 04-05 Mazaspeed Miata. 1.8L 4 cylinder so figured it would be a somewhat close match. Im currently using an aluminum radiator and electric fan, so not sure if this would fit with the stock rad and fan.

Here you can see I had to remove the two supports in order to make some room for the intercooler, also you can see where I cut off and sanded down some mounts on the front of the intercooler. That was the only modifying to the intercooler I had to do:

Used some tabs that came with my aftermarket horns to mount them to some rivnuts on the radiator:

Charge pipes rerouted:

And the grill reinstalled:

Only paid 100 bucks for the intercooler, all the other parts I had lying around in my garage. So far I've only been running this about a week and have only had the samurai out a few times, only a slightly noticeable change. AFR gauge reads a bit richer once I get in the throttle, might have to do some more tuning on the carb. You also might notice in the first photo a lack of power steering, didn't have any issues with the intercooler and the power steering setup, I just decided to go another route with my power steering.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: Intercooler
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:16:15 AM »

Only a slight noticeable change

I do not recommend intercoolers with the ZuksOffRoad MY-Turbo kits.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up