ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: April All Ready?  (Read 16684 times)

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
Re: April All Ready?
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2019, 08:20:46 AM »

Ugh, need more coffee. :-)gm With the new radiator, and the sudden pause of breakfixes, I hope I can get more fun ZOR stuff.
I got:
MYside1 with 44 Screemin Eagle
Pacifica Seat Swap
New to me shock mount plates
Energy Suspension Bushings

My shitty Macco paint job is continuing to crack and blister dead horse. So, I kinda have my eye on some of the ZOR stuff to cover the cracks, like a t-bra. Sigh... Oh, and ZOR's front bumper with stock turn signal lights and maybe the shogun stinger and some D-rings and a place for a future winch. :) Those are on my 'Agressive Zukie' list, lol.
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2019, 08:42:36 AM »

Taking my truck in for an alignment, balance, and rotation today.

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »

Went to replace the wheel cylinder on my truck. Took it apart and discovered it is the axle seal leaking, not the wheel cylinder. Ugh. Don't know when I will get the time for that job.

Ouch. That's a drag. I have a slow leak in the rear that I have assumed to be the wheel cylinders. I have the seals and bearings to rebuild the rear but haven't cracked it open yet because of the hassle of getting into the brake system. Such a pain to bleed and I'm still considering gathering parts for a rear disc swap and want to go into the brake system only once.

I can help with the brake swap. I have a donor sidekick and don't need the calipers/rotors. You take them off you can have them. I need to keep it rolling though.
Get a brake swap kit~$100, Proportioning valve ~$50, various bits ~$20. Then decide if you want an e-brake.

Donor for me was a 92 sidekick.

That would be great, I would love to take you up on that. I already have the swap kit and prop valve I got from MY. It would be great to meet you. We should make this happen.

I do require an e brake and have been researching different options on rear disk donor vehicles with e brakes on stock calipers. There are a few to choose from. I think I'd rather go that route than the tranfer case brake. I think it would maybe be cheaper too.

What year and model is your donor?

My donor is a 95 currently. What swap kit do you have?
I know they made a kit for an 80's subaru disc swap but I have not seen them on the market for a bit. Granted I stopped looking when I got my kit.

The thing I don't like about the transfer case e-brake: the play in the rear diff is there after the brake is applied. What I mean is that when you apply the brake you don't stay in that exact location, you roll forward or back a bit equaling the play you have in the rear diff. I would prefer wheel brakes but I already spent a lot of money on the e-brake kit and brake swap kit.

I have the spidertrax kit that's on ZOR

http://www.zuksoffroad.com/Samurai-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Kit_p_246.html

Is that transfer case brake mainly just a parking brake opposed to an e brake? I really want to keep an e brake. So I'm looking at my options to see if the kit I have will work with the stock e brake cabling if I get the right calipers.

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »

Where are you having this work done. I'd be down for an accurate measurement on my caster and toe settings.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »

Anyone have tracker power steering on their sami?

Sorta, the pump is off at the moment as it leaks like crazy.

Do you have front lockers? I got a setup for free but not sure how itll handle locked 33s

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »

Ugh, need more coffee. :-)gm With the new radiator, and the sudden pause of breakfixes, I hope I can get more fun ZOR stuff.
I got:
MYside1 with 44 Screemin Eagle
Pacifica Seat Swap
New to me shock mount plates
Energy Suspension Bushings

My shitty Macco paint job is continuing to crack and blister dead horse. So, I kinda have my eye on some of the ZOR stuff to cover the cracks, like a t-bra. Sigh... Oh, and ZOR's front bumper with stock turn signal lights and maybe the shogun stinger and some D-rings and a place for a future winch. :) Those are on my 'Agressive Zukie' list, lol.

Nice list!!!

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2019, 10:38:34 AM »

Where are you having this work done. I'd be down for an accurate measurement on my caster and toe settings.

I'm going to be at Big O on the west side on my lunch break. It is my Tacoma, I may have to replace the control arm bushings though, I've had it aligned twice and each time it goes out of alignment... really nothing more left to replace.

On the sami: The kit is basically just a parking brake. I would like the brake to be on the wheels but I would rather have a brake I don't prefer than no brake at all.
Do you know if you can attach the subaru calipers on the kit you linked too? Trail tough sells the subaru kit. MY may be able to get it too.

I'm pulling a lot of stuff off the donor but if you want something else let me know.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »

Do you have front lockers? I got a setup for free but not sure how itll handle locked 33s

My pump leaks as well... I just got another Sidekick pump but haven't replaced it yet.

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »

Work day is dragging; at least I only have around 1.5 hours to go
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »

I'm doing an 11 hour day today. Almost lunch.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »

East coast mountains beer o'clock :D Just finished cleaning off all the previous radiator's spray deposists from the engine bay. It was alot. I deserve this.  drunk
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »

East coast mountains beer o'clock :D Just finished cleaning off all the previous radiator's spray deposists from the engine bay. It was alot. I deserve this.  drunk

Fun times. I've lived in Va for a bit. I miss the mountains.

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2019, 05:30:54 PM »

more beer

mkyhmltn

• THG
  • Located in: Colorado
  • it should be legal to shoot fucktards...
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »

Mmmm Beer

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2019, 05:52:43 PM »

My pump leaks as well... I just got another Sidekick pump but haven't replaced it yet.

Does anyone like this swap or better what is the benefit of going tracker pump?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41   Go Up