ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: April All Ready?  (Read 15057 times)

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
Re: April All Ready?
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »

Mine still do intermittent. Yes, the best ocd thing I've done to Zukie is sanded, cleaned, and dielectric greased every single ground screw I've been able to find, the backing that touches the body, and the little O connectors, some of which I replaced. Peace of mind, and it looks good. Heh.
I plan on doing a lot of this and replacing wiring with new when I get my new motor and do the swap.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »

Mine still do intermittent. Yes, the best ocd thing I've done to Zukie is sanded, cleaned, and dielectric greased every single ground screw I've been able to find, the backing that touches the body, and the little O connectors, some of which I replaced. Peace of mind, and it looks good. Heh.

Smart move. I still have dreams of taking the body off the frame and redoing almost everything. Probably will never happen but it would be nice. But at this stage I'm so sick of working on it.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2019, 11:36:58 AM »

Smart move. I still have dreams of taking the body off the frame and redoing almost everything. Probably will never happen but it would be nice. But at this stage I'm so sick of working on it.
Yeah, me too. And come across some mega bucks to get that aluminum body, lol, and have the entire frame powder coated. Ha....
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »

T minus 1 hour 20 minutes til I start the weekend.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »

You can do it, I believe in you
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »

You can do it, I believe in you
Thanks! 2up
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »

Yeah, me too. And come across some mega bucks to get that aluminum body, lol, and have the entire frame powder coated. Ha....

Haha. Yeah, but I definitely love the idea of keeping my vehicle "suzuki". What I mean is that I want it to be suzuki in its heart and soul, not just a samurai body. That is why I did a sidekick engine swap and not any other. I'm obviously okay with swapping some parts out, it is pretty arbitrary. But when I see a hugely built up rig with the only thing samurai on it is the body I just... I don't know. I guess I don't consider it a samurai.
As I said, it is pretty arbitrary.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:17:27 PM by tomtraubertsblues »

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2019, 12:46:28 PM »

Haha. Yeah, but I definitely love the idea of keeping my vehicle "suzuki". What I mean is that I want it to be suzuki in its heart and soul, not just a samurai body. That is why I did a sidekick engine swap and not any other. I'm obviously okay with swapping some parts out, it is pretty arbitrary. But when I see a hugely built up rig with the only thing samurai on it is the body I just... I don't know. I guess I don't consider it a samurai.
As I said, it is pretty arbitrary.
I agree with this wholeheartedly!!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »

If I remember correctly the wiper motor has its own ground to either the windshield frame or maybe the body right next to the windshield frame and motor. For best operation that ground needs to be good as well as a good body to battery ground. Also if I'm remembering correctly, you can remove the windshield frame and access the wiper motor and its ground. Easiest way to get to it.

That being said, I tapped into my wiring under the dash for my accessory, run, and start positions from my key switch and ran them all to relays that trigger an aux fuse box I put in that's wired directly to my battery with a fused connection. I now have full battery power to each when I need it as opposed to the power running through the key switch and all the inadequate wiring on its way to whatever I'm running.

Think clicky starter fix but on a bigger scale. I can't take credit for the idea because I found it on another Suzuki forum in the how to section. Not sure if it's proper to link to another forum here or not.

Anyhow, my wipers, blower motor, etc all work much better now with the proper amount of power running to them.

If MY or Phloop reads this and gives me the go ahead I'll drop the link into this thread.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »

If I remember correctly the wiper motor has its own ground to either the windshield frame or maybe the body right next to the windshield frame and motor. For best operation that ground needs to be good as well as a good body to battery ground. Also if I'm remembering correctly, you can remove the windshield frame and access the wiper motor and its ground. Easiest way to get to it.

That being said, I tapped into my wiring under the dash for my accessory, run, and start positions from my key switch and ran them all to relays that trigger an aux fuse box I put in that's wired directly to my battery with a fused connection. I now have full battery power to each when I need it as opposed to the power running through the key switch and all the inadequate wiring on its way to whatever I'm running.

Think clicky starter fix but on a bigger scale. I can't take credit for the idea because I found it on another Suzuki forum in the how to section. Not sure if it's proper to link to another forum here or not.

Anyhow, my wipers, blower motor, etc all work much better now with the proper amount of power running to them.

If MY or Phloop reads this and gives me the go ahead I'll drop the link into this thread.

Interesting idea.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »

What block did you use? I did something similar on our pop up lol I think it was blu sea or something

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2019, 05:52:11 PM »

I've never had a winch before. The synthetic ones make me skeptical vs steel but apparently weight savings is massive...

Anyone have a winch with synthetic line?

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

I used blue sea. Have 2, one is wired always hot the other switched with its own properly sized relay to trigger it. Each box has its own properly rated breaker. The breakers also double as a kill switch. I don't have to unhook the battery when working on electrical stuff, just flip the breaker off. Breakers also double as an anti theft device. My fuel pump has a switch too, another anti theft device as I always flip it off when I park.

GuyW/1i

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2019, 08:11:52 PM »

I don't want my samurai to be too nice. I need to be able to take it out and not be afraid to use it.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2019, 08:24:22 PM »

I plan on doing a lot of this and replacing wiring with new when I get my new motor and do the swap.

Why dielectric?  Itís not conductive, so it seems counterintuitive.     I like koper coat.   It works well for me. But I guess dielectric grease works well for other people as well.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41   Go Up