ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: April All Ready?  (Read 7816 times)

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
Re: April All Ready?
« Reply #435 on: April 18, 2019, 06:42:40 AM »

Posting daily has fallen out of my routine... along with having time to be on the internet. Work has taken over. this month has slowed down, I was actually able to read through this thread. with the unlimited posts I gave up trying to keep up last month. I saw a fiberglass 2 piece hard top for sale for $300 about 2 hours from my house. That seems like a pretty decent deal. I have 2 regular hard tops but I don't use them. they are just preserving the bodies they are on. I think it would be nice to have cover over the front seats, like a bikini top i guess.
:-)gm :-)gm :-)gm Why cant their be a hard top for sale near me? Though, the guy who bought my old seats is trying to sell his brand new RallyTop because he decided he didn't care for it. I wish I could drop the $1,400 he's asking :(.
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #436 on: April 18, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »

Posting daily has fallen out of my routine... along with having time to be on the internet. Work has taken over. this month has slowed down, I was actually able to read through this thread. with the unlimited posts I gave up trying to keep up last month. I saw a fiberglass 2 piece hard top for sale for $300 about 2 hours from my house. That seems like a pretty decent deal. I have 2 regular hard tops but I don't use them. they are just preserving the bodies they are on. I think it would be nice to have cover over the front seats, like a bikini top i guess.
:-)gm :-)gm :-)gm Why cant their be a hard top for sale near me? Though, the guy who bought my old seats is trying to sell his brand new RallyTop because he decided he didn't care for it. I wish I could drop the $1,400 he's asking :(.

I don't get someone dropping that much money on something and then deciding they don't want it. Some people have more dollars than sense.

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #437 on: April 18, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »

I don't get someone dropping that much money on something and then deciding they don't want it. Some people have more dollars than sense.
Yea no kidding. Plus, can't you get a brand new one shipped for about the same price?
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #438 on: April 18, 2019, 07:00:51 AM »

Yea no kidding. Plus, can't you get a brand new one shipped for about the same price?
His is full bells and whistles, so what he's got, I don't think so. I will never have more money than sense. Too much sense, lol.
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:15 AM »

His is full bells and whistles, so what he's got, I don't think so. I will never have more money than sense. Too much sense, lol.

Me neither. Plus I always have something I am saving for... but then some emergency comes and wipes out the savings.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »

Me neither. Plus I always have something I am saving for... but then some emergency comes and wipes out the savings.
This right here.... too often. Yeah, I want a hard top so bad, mostly for noise reduction and ease of getting the dog in and out. Since Zukie is our only vehicle, she does alot more traveling than I think most. We have to wear earplugs for long distance, lol. Any one done any soundproofing on their Zuke? I think most that I get, other than from the softtop, is the hood and firewall. Zukie's tub is full Herculiner, and that cut almost all of the road noise. Thinking of cleaning it up and doing a second layer, but it's done real well for the past 3 years. Only now showing wear where I rest my left foot, that's it.
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2019, 09:45:08 AM »

This right here.... too often. Yeah, I want a hard top so bad, mostly for noise reduction and ease of getting the dog in and out. Since Zukie is our only vehicle, she does alot more traveling than I think most. We have to wear earplugs for long distance, lol. Any one done any soundproofing on their Zuke? I think most that I get, other than from the softtop, is the hood and firewall. Zukie's tub is full Herculiner, and that cut almost all of the road noise. Thinking of cleaning it up and doing a second layer, but it's done real well for the past 3 years. Only now showing wear where I rest my left foot, that's it.
Other than soundproofing mat unsure what else you could really do. Since you already herculiner sprayed in the tub too you can't really go the mat route so really you're left with just adding more coats/layers of it. Of course you could use the mat material in the doors, interior firewall, bed-sides, tailgate, etc. which might help cut down some.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2019, 09:49:13 AM »

Other than soundproofing mat unsure what else you could really do. Since you already herculiner sprayed in the tub too you can't really go the mat route so really you're left with just adding more coats/layers of it. Of course you could use the mat material in the doors, interior firewall, bed-sides, tailgate, etc. which might help cut down some.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just curious on like brands and whatnot that have worked for people, if they've done it.
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:18 AM »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just curious on like brands and whatnot that have worked for people, if they've done it.
I only have experience with Dynamat which from my experience worked as advertised. I will say though that the application of it was for the purpose of keeping sound contained within the vehicle i.e. car audio. As a teenager I had a gig working at a car audio shop.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:10:22 AM by 1badmotorfinger »
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »

Tires make a huge difference with road noise too.  My Sami is SO loud! I need to wear headphones with it and I also keep shooting ear pro for longer distances... sometimes even short distances. Granted I am not driving it now so maybe I can find some water friendly soundproofing and install it before it is road worthy again.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:46:46 AM by tomtraubertsblues »

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »

I actually enjoy the sound/hum of off-road tires on my rig.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »

I actually enjoy the sound/hum of off-road tires on my rig.

We make monthly 4-6 hr drives, the decible level is beyond the tolerable without damage mark, lol. Otherwise, yes, heh.
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #447 on: April 18, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »

When I would drive it 25 minutes to work I would wear ear-pro. Did you herculine the tub yourself?

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #448 on: April 18, 2019, 01:28:19 PM »

I wonder if the seats from the new jimny will fit.  They should have modern comfort and safety.

That's a good idea I haven't seen how they fold

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2019, 02:24:21 PM »

Or maybe these: https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/jump-seat-10-floor-mounted-flipup-seat

Edit: Expensive as all get out but posting for idea purposes.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41   Go Up