ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: April All Ready?  (Read 15058 times)

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
Re: April All Ready?
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »

Lots of great info and ideas getting posted.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2019, 05:22:04 AM »

I got Called out at midnight for work.    Itís not my equipment down, phone company problem.    I was asked to stay until itís fixed.    Iím debating the ethics of napping in my truck.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: That South Western Part of VA
  • I am inspite of, not because of
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »

Mine still do intermittent. Yes, the best ocd thing I've done to Zukie is sanded, cleaned, and dielectric greased every single ground screw I've been able to find, the backing that touches the body, and the little O connectors, some of which I replaced. Peace of mind, and it looks good. Heh.
I plan on doing a lot of this and replacing wiring with new when I get my new motor and do the swap.

Why dielectric?  Itís not conductive, so it seems counterintuitive.     I like koper coat.   It works well for me. But I guess dielectric grease works well for other people as well.
Cause I had it lying around, heh. Mostly used it as a corrosion inhibitor. I am always up to hearing about better product options. Especially since my little grease tube is now empty, lol.
1.3L 8v 1988 (early) Soft Top Samurai, "Zukie"
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2019, 08:18:17 AM »

Biggest tires using Toyota Celica steering box or how strong is it.

The PHLOOP

• Administrator
  • Located in: ORYGUN
  • THE SPAMINATOR
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2019, 10:11:21 AM »

If I remember correctly the wiper motor has its own ground to either the windshield frame or maybe the body right next to the windshield frame and motor. For best operation that ground needs to be good as well as a good body to battery ground. Also if I'm remembering correctly, you can remove the windshield frame and access the wiper motor and its ground. Easiest way to get to it.

That being said, I tapped into my wiring under the dash for my accessory, run, and start positions from my key switch and ran them all to relays that trigger an aux fuse box I put in that's wired directly to my battery with a fused connection. I now have full battery power to each when I need it as opposed to the power running through the key switch and all the inadequate wiring on its way to whatever I'm running.

Think clicky starter fix but on a bigger scale. I can't take credit for the idea because I found it on another Suzuki forum in the how to section. Not sure if it's proper to link to another forum here or not.

Anyhow, my wipers, blower motor, etc all work much better now with the proper amount of power running to them.

If MY or Phloop reads this and gives me the go ahead I'll drop the link into this thread.

Go ahead and post it. This isn't pirate.
DON"T DIE A VIRGIN, TERRORISTS ARE UP THERE WAITING FOR YOU.

Stupidity Should Hurt

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

If I remember correctly the wiper motor has its own ground to either the windshield frame or maybe the body right next to the windshield frame and motor. For best operation that ground needs to be good as well as a good body to battery ground. Also if I'm remembering correctly, you can remove the windshield frame and access the wiper motor and its ground. Easiest way to get to it.

That being said, I tapped into my wiring under the dash for my accessory, run, and start positions from my key switch and ran them all to relays that trigger an aux fuse box I put in that's wired directly to my battery with a fused connection. I now have full battery power to each when I need it as opposed to the power running through the key switch and all the inadequate wiring on its way to whatever I'm running.

Think clicky starter fix but on a bigger scale. I can't take credit for the idea because I found it on another Suzuki forum in the how to section. Not sure if it's proper to link to another forum here or not.

Anyhow, my wipers, blower motor, etc all work much better now with the proper amount of power running to them.

If MY or Phloop reads this and gives me the go ahead I'll drop the link into this thread.

Go ahead and post it. This isn't pirate.

https://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=134045.0

Done. Thanks and that's not pirate either lol.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »

Yaaaar!  drunk
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2019, 04:52:18 PM »

Hope everyoneís having a great weekend so far. Been cold, rainy and windy all day here today.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2019, 05:32:13 PM »

If anyone has Amazon prime on their TV or whatever there is a show called in4lo that is a reality rock crawling show...  I never saw wheeling like some of this rock crawling it's crazy how different it is from the woods

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2019, 06:28:11 PM »

If anyone has Amazon prime on their TV or whatever there is a show called in4lo that is a reality rock crawling show...  I never saw wheeling like some of this rock crawling it's crazy how different it is from the woods
Huh, cool! Will have to check it out. :D Any one have a good recomendation on a snorkel? Heh
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2019, 10:32:58 PM »

I got to spend some time with my son in law George this morning. It was good for my soul to hang with him for awhile. Later in the day James and I rode over the mountian to pick up a cam for a customer. Longest jaunt on the Electra Glide so far. Cold but fun.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2019, 05:08:35 AM »

Morning going to have to work on my dd truck  if I get done fine if not the Samurai will have to take me to work.

ZukieRen

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2019, 05:50:28 AM »

I got to spend some time with my son in law George this morning. It was good for my soul to hang with him for awhile. Later in the day James and I rode over the mountian to pick up a cam for a customer. Longest jaunt on the Electra Glide so far. Cold but fun.

Glad you got some well deserved respite for once. And a mega fun sounding one too :)
Fixin 'er Up Since 2017

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2019, 06:34:16 AM »

Who keeps a spare on back that's running over 31s? Like it?

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:54 AM »

Seen to many ripped tailgates with tires over 30Ē
Sold hundreds of the camel tow carriers

I keep my spare under a custom rack in the bed
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Up