ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carb Resurrection Project Question  (Read 141 times)

Heck

• ZOR CLUB
Carb Resurrection Project Question
« on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:18 AM »

Alright, my ECM for my stock Hitachi carb is dead. I know that without it I can power the fuel shutoff solenoid and carb vent solenoid from the ignition, or just remove the pintles permanently.
  But the enrichment solenoid. I know with no signal it just goes full rich and runs poorly, so I built a adjustable pulse generator. I plan to watch a wideband o2 sensor and make adjustments on the fly. My only  worry is the frequency of adjustments. Does anyone know if this is feasible?

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: Carb Resurrection Project Question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 08:24:54 PM »

The simplicity of the concept at face value says yes. The obstacle is to adjust on the fly without the use of the two elevation variable resistors on the firewall, the three micro switches on the front shaft to open other air galleys based on fuel demand and the misc vacuum and fifth gear egr functions.

I predict no repeatable A/F mixtures from day to day.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
Re: Carb Resurrection Project Question
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »

I've tried to do this very same project and discovered that the resistors and a frequency generator didn't work worth a darn. to many variables to consider and change on the fly. I found with my experience that leaving the fms (fuel meter solenoid) alone, re-drilling the secondary jet a few sizes bigger, and adjusting the Carb for the general altitude I plan on driving in worked the best. I still get 26-28 MPG on the highway about 18-20 in town. I did a few other mods to the carb as well but I still have the stock choke and such.
It's the wife's stocker with 235's, AC, and 68K miles, no other mods done other than a new cat was put on before I bought it.

I can build you one
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up