ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: May got here to quick!  (Read 7036 times)

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Located in: White River, South Dakota
  • Dead Broke Zuker
Re: May got here to quick!
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2019, 04:43:41 AM »

You can put a trailer on a trailer with a front bumper hitch. lol

Never Squat when You Are Wearing Spurs

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2019, 04:55:30 AM »

There you go - reverse engineering at it's finest! In the south we call it southern ingenuity which is PC for what it used to be referred to lol. Always nice when you can figure out new, easy or efficient ways to do things especially when they're born out of necessity.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2019, 05:07:59 AM »

I have no idea how many miles. or how many previous owners.

Also have no experience with a trailer dolly. I use my the ball on my FEL to move trailers around the yard. could a hitch on the front of your rig allow you to do what you need to do?

I've got a front hitch but cant get back there. Was hoping there was some sort of harbor freight type cheap deal with pneumatic tires...

Now I'm thinking some strategically placed snatch blocks and winch may get the bulk of it done.  I gotta save up for some land and a longer commute

mkyhmltn

• THG
  • Located in: Colorado
  • it should be legal to shoot fucktards...
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2019, 05:15:56 AM »

We use a front hitch to tow our Helicopters

mkyhmltn

• THG
  • Located in: Colorado
  • it should be legal to shoot fucktards...
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2019, 05:17:48 AM »

Also have no experience with a trailer dolly. I use my the ball on my FEL to move trailers around the yard. could a hitch on the front of your rig allow you to do what you need to do?

I've got a front hitch but cant get back there. Was hoping there was some sort of harbor freight type cheap deal with pneumatic tires...

Now I'm thinking some strategically placed snatch blocks and winch may get the bulk of it done.  I gotta save up for some land and a longer commute

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/600-lbs-heavy-duty-trailer-dolly-60533.html

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2019, 05:37:20 AM »

Good morning!

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2019, 09:27:36 AM »

Even though going on-call for a week, I'm soooo ready to see the end of this work day. People are just bringing me down with their ludicrous bs!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »

Morning all.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/600-lbs-heavy-duty-trailer-dolly-60533.html

Got the same one basically now - tires on it pop off the bead turning on grass. Works amazing on pavement. I saw some people power with a drill

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2019, 12:47:48 PM »

Got the same one basically now - tires on it pop off the bead turning on grass. Works amazing on pavement. I saw some people power with a drill
Why not swap the wheels on yours with some of those solid rubber ones. Personally I've done this for several moving dollies as well as wheelbarrows to prevent the nuisance of those cheap pneumatic tires.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »

I'll check it out - that is a good idea

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »

You can put a trailer on a trailer with a front bumper hitch. lol

That looks like a fun day

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »

Let the weekend begin.  :-)happybeer

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »

Why not swap the wheels on yours with some of those solid rubber ones. Personally I've done this for several moving dollies as well as wheelbarrows to prevent the nuisance of those cheap pneumatic tires.
Solid wheels are definitely the way to go for anything like this. Not sure your location... If I was to solve this problem I would find a snow blower and cut off the blower. weld a ball like the dolly  on the front and then you can drive the trailer around all you want. if you get lucky you can find one with power steering for a couple hundred bucks. put a cup holder on it and you can move your trailer without taking a break from drinking beer.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:45 PM »

The solid wheels suck for going over rocks and bumps with a heavy load.  You have to ouch much harder.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34   Go Up