ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: May got here to quick!  (Read 2495 times)

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
Re: May got here to quick!
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »

The solid wheels suck for going over rocks and bumps with a heavy load.  You have to ouch much harder.

Steel rims with cheap flat rubber tires that are flopping around and falling off also suck going over rocks or flat surface. All this talking about manual labor. I hate the idea of pushing a trailer. unless your training for a strong man competition, there are ways around this. have to work smarter.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2019, 09:54:17 PM »

Good night all

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2019, 04:44:27 AM »

Morning, hit a few yard sales this morning, scored a blue point 1/4 drive air ratchet. We will see if it works. If not, it was at the Boy Scout Yard Sale so it was for a good cause.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2019, 06:10:30 AM »

I have no idea how many miles. or how many previous owners.

Also have no experience with a trailer dolly. I use my the ball on my FEL to move trailers around the yard. could a hitch on the front of your rig allow you to do what you need to do?

I've got a front hitch but cant get back there. Was hoping there was some sort of harbor freight type cheap deal with pneumatic tires...

Now I'm thinking some strategically placed snatch blocks and winch may get the bulk of it done.  I gotta save up for some land and a longer commute

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/600-lbs-heavy-duty-trailer-dolly-60533.html

Got the same one basically now - tires on it pop off the bead turning on grass. Works amazing on pavement. I saw some people power with a drill
Why not swap the wheels on yours with some of those solid rubber ones. Personally I've done this for several moving dollies as well as wheelbarrows to prevent the nuisance of those cheap pneumatic tires.
Solid wheels are definitely the way to go for anything like this. Not sure your location... If I was to solve this problem I would find a snow blower and cut off the blower. weld a ball like the dolly  on the front and then you can drive the trailer around all you want. if you get lucky you can find one with power steering for a couple hundred bucks. put a cup holder on it and you can move your trailer without taking a break from drinking beer.

Now we are talking!!! They are cheap now all over. Brilliant- thank you!

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2019, 06:39:30 AM »

Morning  pad before coffee

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »

G'mornin yall! Storming here today; lots of rain and tornado watches.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

PeeWee

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Flagstaff, Arizona
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »

Happy Saturday.

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2019, 12:23:44 PM »

Happy saturday.   We are doing my daughters B-day party today

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

Happy bday!

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »

Nice evening here considering the weather we had earlier today. Hope everyone's enjoying their evening!
Anyone here have a rallytop hard-top for their ZUK? I'm thinking about buying one before the end of the year but wondered if they're worth it and if it the initial install is a pain.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »

I have no idea how many miles. or how many previous owners.

Also have no experience with a trailer dolly. I use my the ball on my FEL to move trailers around the yard. could a hitch on the front of your rig allow you to do what you need to do?

I've got a front hitch but cant get back there. Was hoping there was some sort of harbor freight type cheap deal with pneumatic tires...

Now I'm thinking some strategically placed snatch blocks and winch may get the bulk of it done.  I gotta save up for some land and a longer commute

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/trailers-towing/600-lbs-heavy-duty-trailer-dolly-60533.html

Got the same one basically now - tires on it pop off the bead turning on grass. Works amazing on pavement. I saw some people power with a drill
Why not swap the wheels on yours with some of those solid rubber ones. Personally I've done this for several moving dollies as well as wheelbarrows to prevent the nuisance of those cheap pneumatic tires.
Solid wheels are definitely the way to go for anything like this. Not sure your location... If I was to solve this problem I would find a snow blower and cut off the blower. weld a ball like the dolly  on the front and then you can drive the trailer around all you want. if you get lucky you can find one with power steering for a couple hundred bucks. put a cup holder on it and you can move your trailer without taking a break from drinking beer.

Now we are talking!!! They are cheap now all over. Brilliant- thank you!

Share pictures. should be easy enough to find one that drives good with a broken blower. I bought 2 last summer fully functional in the $300 range. one of those things that if you buy lots of them in the summer and tinker with them you can make money in the fall winter. like snowmobiles and motorcycles...

yourhero6605

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Clarksburg, WV
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2019, 06:32:20 PM »

haven't posted in about 2 months, got kind of burnt out on it every day. Then, i smoked my front R/P and started checking out prices on ZOR. Just saw that the 6.5:1 tcase gears come with a $293 gift card?! that's a hell of a deal!

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »

Ive been surprised about the cost of some aftermarket parts.   They seem very responsible,   Especially since samurais are not on every corner anymore

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2019, 10:16:11 PM »

Working harder than I should be but very short on skilled workers. All of us at ZOR are grumpy and tired. Seems like we are shipping a lot.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2019, 05:00:47 AM »

I feel for you, been working  10+ hour a days for the past 2 years. Will it ever end.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up