ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weber fuel mileage  (Read 52 times)

backwoodstrucker87

• ZOR CLUB
weber fuel mileage
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »

i'm in the process of changing the weber out for a 3k carb  mostly road driving with it but whats everyone with a weber getting fuel mileage wise i consistently get high 17's to low 18's MPG, I was just curious, hope to increase that a little with a carb swap and get better performance with the 3k carb.

my setup 87 hardtop 1.6 5 speed small lift 29.5x10.5x15 tires not sure on gears in T-case or rears

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
Re: weber fuel mileage
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 10:33:15 PM »

Not a lot of Weber people here on ZORum. I am a firm believer that China carbs are hit and miss. I certainly sell a lot of CV systems to Chincom Weber and Chincom Toyota clone carb customers that missed.

There once was a famous fix your Weber guy, long gone now, after I gave up on making it work for my application. Sarge worked on my Weber to do his magic to make it work. It didnít. My Weber was getting 16 mpg with a hiway 272 cam and had to many fuel issues wheeling it. Back then there wasnít carb options so ZOR started them.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

Tater72958

• ZOR CLUB
Re: weber fuel mileage
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

Im running the the weber 38/38..... for now.  At one time i was getting 21-25 mpg.  But that was taking it easy and using it for a daily driver.  Installed 4.16 t-case gears with the 235ís at that time.  Went from 235/75 tires to 31x10.5 hurt the mpgís.  Mine is slowly turning into a toy.  New power plant is coming next year.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up