ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Down

Author Topic: August entered the building!  (Read 10820 times)

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
Re: August entered the building!
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »

I'd love to do my own engine swap - never been around one being done but looks rewarding/and like a pain in the ass lol
Anything 4 cylinder is pretty easy unless you're talking front wheel drive and transverse which are a PITA!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »

:O=

More Data entry... should be done tonight,

In my experience:  I have a few friends who are good at wrenching, better than me... they are also more busy than me with their own problems. We help each other out but Its not like I can call them and say hey come fix this for me haha. Just like me, they piles of broken stuff and a list of work that's never complete.

one of my first engine swaps was in a 94 Oldsmobile with a 3.1. I was working in Connecticut about 6 hours away. I bummed a ride home on Christmas eve, pulled my car in, swapped motors, drove back to Connecticut the next night for work at 6am the day after Christmas. after the test run... and fluid check... I loaded it, drove it out of the shop and hit the interstate. hardly had enough money to put gas in the tank but I was having the most fun.   

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »

Google failed me. the puking Smiley shortcut did not work.

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »

One of those canít fail situations

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2019, 08:10:22 PM »

What went in the olds?

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2019, 08:15:59 PM »

:O=

More Data entry... should be done tonight,

In my experience:  I have a few friends who are good at wrenching, better than me... they are also more busy than me with their own problems. We help each other out but Its not like I can call them and say hey come fix this for me haha. Just like me, they piles of broken stuff and a list of work that's never complete.

one of my first engine swaps was in a 94 Oldsmobile with a 3.1. I was working in Connecticut about 6 hours away. I bummed a ride home on Christmas eve, pulled my car in, swapped motors, drove back to Connecticut the next night for work at 6am the day after Christmas. after the test run... and fluid check... I loaded it, drove it out of the shop and hit the interstate. hardly had enough money to put gas in the tank but I was having the most fun.
Similar experience here; had to do my first motor swap over the course of a day. Was my only transportation at a time when a day of missed work meant Iíd no longer have a job. My aforementioned buddy and I went to a wrecking yard and picked up a motor from a 2 year newer truck than mine, started in my driveway at around 10am and by 4pm we had it swapped and running. Good times!! Iíve since returned the favor and helped him with some projects and weíre still good friends to this day!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2019, 09:09:33 PM »

What went in the olds?

Had the 3.1 V6 I belive it was a 94.5 model cutlass supreme. I had put a set of cheap spark plugs in it and the #1 cylinder plug broke. Wasted the Cylinder. I bought another 3.1 from a buick for 400 bucks

GuyW/1i

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2019, 10:24:44 PM »

So I have a vacation to China including Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong in a week. Any suggestions for a substitute to the Hong Kong portion? It'll be an expensive change but with the airport shut down I don't know that I can get there anyway.
I guess it depends on what you are traveling there for, i.e. what you like to do on vacation. Maybe try Chengdu or somewhere in the Sichuan province. I say that cuz that is where I want to go... well, Sichuan not particularly the city (i prefer country side to cityscape). You could possibly extend your stays in other parts of the country?

I called about changing tickets today and it is $400 per person. I think I'll try my luck and wait a few days before I change them. The airline is only waiving change fees through Thursday. What draws you to Sichuan?

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2019, 10:54:00 PM »

So blessed
Got a new schedule going. Tonight was first night of turn off phone and talk with wife. Read to each, pray a little and count our past blessings. Knowing full well it will be OK.
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2019, 03:38:23 AM »

Thatís awesome My!

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2019, 04:29:51 AM »

──▄█████▄
─█████████
███▀───▀███─█████
██───▄───██─█████
██───▀───██─████
███▄───▄███─████
─█████████─▄████
──▀█████▀─▄█████
───────▄▄███████
───────█████████
───────████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
───────███████████████
───────█████████▒▒▒█
─────────▀██████▒▒▒█
──▄█████▄─▀█████▒▒▄▀
─█████████─▀████▄▀
███▀───▀███─████
██───▄───██─████
██───▀───██─████
███▄───▄███─█▀
─█████████
──▀█████▀

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2019, 06:03:48 AM »

g'mornin yall - Wednesday, what a day!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2019, 06:58:53 AM »

You need wrenching friend, when you get fed up let them have a go.
That is exactly what I need and something I never had. I tend to be the most experienced wrencher in my groups of friends.
Same here. I do have one buddy I trust who helped me swap out a motor in an old nissan truck I had 20 years ago. But, I don't like to bother him as he's a dad too and always busy with work.
Yeah, and most of the time it is fine. Just sometimes need a hand to bleed some brakes and the like.

So I have a vacation to China including Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong in a week. Any suggestions for a substitute to the Hong Kong portion? It'll be an expensive change but with the airport shut down I don't know that I can get there anyway.
I guess it depends on what you are traveling there for, i.e. what you like to do on vacation. Maybe try Chengdu or somewhere in the Sichuan province. I say that cuz that is where I want to go... well, Sichuan not particularly the city (i prefer country side to cityscape). You could possibly extend your stays in other parts of the country?

I called about changing tickets today and it is $400 per person. I think I'll try my luck and wait a few days before I change them. The airline is only waiving change fees through Thursday. What draws you to Sichuan?
The food! I really want to go to inland China as well. I spent a very small amount of time in Beijing and it was cool... but inland draws me.
I hope you are hiking along the Great Wall!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:46:13 AM by tomtraubertsblues »

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:34 AM »

You need wrenching friend, when you get fed up let them have a go.
That is exactly what I need and something I never had. I tend to be the most experienced wrencher in my groups of friends.
Same here. I do have one buddy I trust who helped me swap out a motor in an old nissan truck I had 20 years ago. But, I don't like to bother him as he's a dad too and always busy with work.
Yeah, and most of the time it is fine. Just sometimes need a hand to bleed some brakes and the like.
That's when I grab one of my kids and turn it into a learning opportunity. My wife is also decent at wrenching so I can always ask her too if I have to.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2019, 08:52:59 AM »

One of the benefits of marriage!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Up