ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to the Samurai  (Read 23 times)

wa7spy

• ZOR CLUB
Newbie to the Samurai
« on: September 06, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »

I am a newbie to the Suzuki Samurai. I was just given a 1987 Samurai that has been stored in a barn for the past 20 years. The engine head was off and had been rebuilt. All the engine hardware was missing. I have been able to find most all of the parts online Suzuki Parts USA, Low Range Off Road, and Zuks Off Road. I went to start it this afternoon after getting the engine all back together. I did the Clicky start relay mod. When using the ignition key nothing happens! I verified the ground is good. I was able to get the engine to turn over by jumpering the red to purple wire at the relay plug. The engine ran fine with starter fluid after finding the distributor wire connector was un plugged and I was off one tooth on the distributor timing! The engine would not run on its own. More trouble shooting and found the fuel pump rod is missing so the fuel pump was not being actuated. I have done a lot of work on the Samurai. I got all new tires did a complete brake job new master cylinder, new front brake rotors, new front brake pads, new rear brake wheel cylinders, new rear brake drums and new brake shoes.

My question is does anyone know where I can get a fuel pump shaft? I live in Sacramento, CA and need it ASAP!!! I was hoping to have it drivable this weekend. So be it if I have to wait!

Thanks in advance for help in obtaining a fuel pump shaft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up