ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sensor and vac line? TBI swap  (Read 423 times)

briandemarco27

• ZOR CLUB
Sensor and vac line? TBI swap
« on: September 16, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »

Need some help with this intake manifold sensor... anyone know what it is?
Also have an extra vac line coming off the charcoal canister.  Where does it go?

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
Re: Sensor and vac line? TBI swap
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:26:29 PM »

The carb samurais have a vapor line to the float and gas tank.

briandemarco27

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 05:46:36 AM »

The carb samurais have a vapor line to the float and gas tank.

Thanks.  I was told to cap it. 

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »

as far as that vacuum port thing, is that off a TBI intake?   If so my guess it would be for a map sensor.   However I'm not familiar with the TBI engines at all.   There is a TBI supplement you can download that should answer the question.

briandemarco27

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »

as far as that vacuum port thing, is that off a TBI intake?   If so my guess it would be for a map sensor.   However I'm not familiar with the TBI engines at all.   There is a TBI supplement you can download that should answer the question.

Yes, TBI Intake.  I was told on another forum the sensor is the check valve for a 3spd auto trans and to cap it off.  Looked at as many vac drawing as I could find.  Nothing shows that sensor, so I will cap it off.  The map sensor vac goes under the throttle body.

As far as the charcoal canister... looks like Suzuki changed it nearly every model. Supposedly I can cap off the other vac port, it's not necessary.

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »

Yes, TBI Intake.  I was told on another forum the sensor is the check valve for a 3spd auto trans and to cap it off.  Looked at as many vac drawing as I could find.  Nothing shows that sensor, so I will cap it off.  The map sensor vac goes under the throttle body.

As far as the charcoal canister... looks like Suzuki changed it nearly every model. Supposedly I can cap off the other vac port, it's not necessary.

Yup, the cap has a big directional relief. It can vent. The caniater us needed for emissions. Unless you smoke it, it really isn't needed. I actually use the tank vent canister line as the return on my wife's 16v 1.3
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up