ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy from Alberta Canada  (Read 197 times)

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Rimbey Alberta Canada
New guy from Alberta Canada
« on: December 18, 2019, 09:58:28 PM »

Hello all, I'm new here but not new to Suzukis. I'm working on my 87 soft top doing a 2.3 Aerio conversion with a sidekick 5 speed and t case used as a doubler tied to the stock Sammy case. I have done all the harness mods myself and test fired it on the floor. I cannot wait to unleash 155hp lol.  The tires I'm running are 35x10.5 cut Boggers. I'm running the stock front diff with chromoly axles and a locker. Rear is a hybrid with a spool and 5.13 gears. I'm very interested in the Zor rock breaker rear housing and the 28 spline axle idea. I was trying to figure out a way of getting 28 spline in there myself.  It almost seems like building a full spool would be the easiest. Anyways thanks for having me.

shawnevans77

• Shawn
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Newburgh, Maine
Re: New guy from Alberta Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 04:16:44 AM »

Hello, what part of alberta?

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Located in: White River, South Dakota
  • Dead Broke Zuker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 04:22:30 AM »

Welcome, we enjoy pictures even if its in pieces.
Never Squat when You Are Wearing Spurs

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:07:19 AM »

Hello, what part of alberta?
A small town north west of Red Deer called Rimbey.  Lived here since I was 6 Iím 47 now.
 I tried to post a pic but it was denied probably cause Iím a newbie and still on probation haha. Thanks for having me guys.

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »

Hello all, I'm new here but not new to Suzukis. I'm working on my 87 soft top doing a 2.3 Aerio conversion with a sidekick 5 speed and t case used as a doubler tied to the stock Sammy case. I have done all the harness mods myself and test fired it on the floor. I cannot wait to unleash 155hp lol.  The tires I'm running are 35x10.5 cut Boggers. I'm running the stock front diff with chromoly axles and a locker. Rear is a hybrid with a spool and 5.13 gears. I'm very interested in the Zor rock breaker rear housing and the 28 spline axle idea. I was trying to figure out a way of getting 28 spline in there myself.  It almost seems like building a full spool would be the easiest. Anyways thanks for having me.

The spool is a ford mini spool. The axles are custom made to length. The carrier has to be machined to allow the spool ends to stick thru.

Welcome to the ZORum.

MY
Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »

The spool is a ford mini spool. The axles are custom made to length. The carrier has to be machined to allow the spool ends to stick thru.

Are you ready to sell that set up or is there little more leg work to do on the axles and stuff?  I'm curious of what the final cost will be, but in the long run it still seems better to me than going Toyota diffs. Will you need a core Sidekick carrier? Also will the axles have the same 4 bolt flange and use the stock Sammy brake drum?  I'm excited about the idea of not worrying about breaking an axle shaft. I almost bought chromoly 26 spline shafts but I'm glad I checked your site again.

BamaRob

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Alabama
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 06:13:47 AM »

I spent a week in Winnipeg in January back in the early 2000's...  Talk about a shock to the system!  This Alabama native will never understand how/why humans choose to live anywhere north of Kentucky. :-D

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 06:49:24 AM »

I spent a week in Winnipeg in January back in the early 2000's...  Talk about a shock to the system!  This Alabama native will never understand how/why humans choose to live anywhere north of Kentucky. :-D

Yes it has its days up here for sure.  We do have lots of nice weather too, and really long days.  The furthest south I have been is Kalispel Montana so I have never felt real heat so I donít know what Iím missing hahaha

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »

Hereís my rig 87 soft top. Picked it up for $300 stock with stuck t case back in 2008. Itís had the 1.3 and 1.6 8v with a Weber then I did my own efi harness now last spring I did the 16v swap. The 2.3 Aerio is going in next.

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Dead Broke Zuker
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 03:51:24 AM »

Nice rig.

zukifreek

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 07:21:02 AM »

Nice rig.
Thank you, I see your avatar reminds me of my drag car. 700hp smallblock so itís Mighty Mouse also lol.

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Dead Broke Zuker
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »

Sweet car.

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »

Those are some nice toys you have there!

Welcome to the ZORUM!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It
Pages: [1]   Go Up