ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: 2020 is here. Enjoy it!  (Read 20540 times)

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: ILLINOIS
Re: 2020 is here. Enjoy it!
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »

I bet a UTV snow plow could be rigged up pretty easily. I've debated a plow for mine once it gets power steering.

I was thinking this too or possibly a front hitch setup. I dont want the permanent mount I doubt it will see a ton of use...

I post here and rarely on a Toyota one.  Pirate 4x4 is the best to watch people get called out all over.  They dont hold back but a ton of good info

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2020, 06:46:45 PM »

Anyone notice the Facebook super bowl commercial about Facebook groups? they are flaunting that they bring people together, when really, they killed forums. And with zero organization, the same questions get asked over and over again.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:57:29 AM by heavysquad »

Tater72958

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »

Yes.  Every week someone asks “what the biggest tires I can run on a stock samurai”.
Not even joking.  Every freakin week.  bang

gribble

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Rapid City, SD
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »

I actually find facebook groups super annoying for this very reason.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »

I have an account but haven't used it in a decade. Very nice for picture storage if I didn't take them but people put my name down

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2020, 05:28:43 AM »

Someone needs to make a parody commercial mocking the Facebook groups

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2020, 05:46:54 AM »

G’mornin and happy Friday yall!
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

BamaRob

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Alabama
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2020, 07:02:03 AM »

I help administer a few Suzuki offroad focused Facebook groups; one with 20K+ world-wide members (a vast majority from the US, then Canada, but a good number from all parts of the world), one that's for the same audience but locally based (Alabama) with 700+ members.  These, along with a few smaller groups, keep me busy.  In an unmoderated group, it can be very difficult for the casual occasional visitor to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Heavily moderated groups usually end up with moderators with particular political/religious/social views that end up driving away members and inhibiting the free-flow of valuable information.  Couple this with Facebook's own political/religious/social views/policies and you end up with lots of headaches that make you wonder if it's all worth the effort.

My chosen career path has me sitting behind a computer screen 45-50 hours per week with opportunity to check group posts multiple times a day, everyday.  You learn to ignore the "chaff" and recognize the "wheat" among posts.  And, you quickly learn which users regularly post useful information.  But, a new user may quickly get discouraged not knowing/learning how to ignore the stupidity.

Funny thing is, I don't particularly like Facebook, especially when it comes to their corporate political/religious/social views.  Attempts have been made at starting up groups in other platforms that are more liberty/freedom based.  But, inertia is a difficult thing to overcome.

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2020, 01:49:28 PM »

Almost time to start the long weekend. Hoping to get the new motor and transmission installed. Been raining past 3.5 days or so too so will be doing some MTB riding and spending time outdoors.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »

Morning looks like the Samurai  is going to be my daily driver  the wife's truck got totaled. So she will be driving my truck. So much for getting some projects done on Samurai.

gribble

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Rapid City, SD
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »

I think I'll be able to see if my new wheels and tires fit. Also if my chinsy radio is draining my battery.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »

I help administer a few Suzuki offroad focused Facebook groups; one with 20K+ world-wide members (a vast majority from the US, then Canada, but a good number from all parts of the world), one that's for the same audience but locally based (Alabama) with 700+ members.  These, along with a few smaller groups, keep me busy.  In an unmoderated group, it can be very difficult for the casual occasional visitor to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Heavily moderated groups usually end up with moderators with particular political/religious/social views that end up driving away members and inhibiting the free-flow of valuable information.  Couple this with Facebook's own political/religious/social views/policies and you end up with lots of headaches that make you wonder if it's all worth the effort.

My chosen career path has me sitting behind a computer screen 45-50 hours per week with opportunity to check group posts multiple times a day, everyday.  You learn to ignore the "chaff" and recognize the "wheat" among posts.  And, you quickly learn which users regularly post useful information.  But, a new user may quickly get discouraged not knowing/learning how to ignore the stupidity.

Funny thing is, I don't particularly like Facebook, especially when it comes to their corporate political/religious/social views.  Attempts have been made at starting up groups in other platforms that are more liberty/freedom based.  But, inertia is a difficult thing to overcome.

Had to lol

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »

A buddy of mine has been asking me to go to this a few years now. I'm bringing the sami this year:)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wheelin-for-hope-2020-registration-91532116023?aff=erelexpmlt

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2020, 12:22:58 PM »

Has anyone used TrueCar to get a new vehicle the  Insurance company I have has some kind of setup/deal with them.

Swayzeexpress

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2020, 10:18:11 PM »

Has anyone used TrueCar to get a new vehicle the  Insurance company I have has some kind of setup/deal with them.
I have not, my coworker used carvana but he is very open to new trends
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up