ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: 2020 is here. Enjoy it!  (Read 12689 times)

mkyhmltn

• THG
  • Located in: Colorado
  • it should be legal to shoot fucktards...
Re: 2020 is here. Enjoy it!
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2020, 05:00:39 AM »

It didnt work for the headlights because of the way they switch. The have a common hot and a switched ground for high and low beam.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2020, 06:57:46 AM »

It didnt work for the headlights because of the way they switch. The have a common hot and a switched ground for high and low beam.

That is my guess as well. I attempted to just add a relay into the existing wires not rewire for positive switch lights. So, because of that the ground from the relay was redundant.
I still haven't been able to check to see if my brights work. BUT... I think I have it wired backwards (low beam stalk position = High beams and vica-versa). I am not 100% sure though because I forgot to check them last night during the dark. If/when I get this fixed and can post HOW I hooked everything up.

riverhawk

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: NW Oregon
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2020, 06:26:07 AM »

On the light relay I went the easy way and bought one from ACK.

mkyhmltn

• THG
  • Located in: Colorado
  • it should be legal to shoot fucktards...
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2020, 09:27:49 AM »

On the light relay I went the easy way and bought one from ACK.

Thats what I did too.

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »

I got the online led store relay box. My first impressions are that the relays are only held in by the wire connector.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:51 AM »

I got the online led store relay box. My first impressions are that the relays are only held in by the wire connector.

I think that's true. Not sure you need much more though. Relays do not weigh that much and you have 4 solid connections holding onto it, I wouldn't worry about them coming off.

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2020, 06:12:28 PM »

Ya, I just thought they would click in.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2020, 04:22:05 PM »

Ya, I just thought they would click in.

I still haven't finished this project. I just installed a power distribution block for battery positive and now need to hook up that. Eventually I will get this electric work done.

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2020, 06:26:17 AM »

Ordered the Rock Smasher steering from ZOR. May be able to get down there on Monday to pick it up!!!
Just need to find a fj80 taper reamer now.

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2020, 07:15:47 AM »

Almost done with a month long project of turning an overgrown field filled with standing dead trees into lawn and garden. I was originally OK with leaving it as is because there are some nice flowers but, the ticks are already out of control.

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2020, 07:41:42 PM »

Hey Suzuki fam, hope yall are doing good! Been super busy and havenít gotten to post much in the last month or so.

Iím eyeing the rock smasher setup too and am probably going to order one soon.

Been making some progress on my ZUK. Seems like 3 steps forward and 1 step back for the past couple of months but today I finally got my rebuilt motor and transmission dropped in. Did them together thanks to the leveler my cherry picker came with. Got the drive-line and about half of the hoses and what not connected. Still need to mount my AC compressor, install the new aluminum radiator, get fan installed and lastly- get the screamin eagle carb mated up to the MS2. Admittedly, this has taken me longer than I like to get done but Iím literally going thru everything along the way and addressing everything I can while I have the opportunity to. Attached a few pics. Yall stay well!

1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

heavysquad

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2020, 03:09:06 AM »

Atta boy!

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2020, 02:28:52 PM »

Looking nice! I am painting my rock smasher tonight with hopes of installing it friday. It looks and feels super beefy. And, in reality, not much more expensive than trying to find a more stock unit.
Went down to the Verde Valley yesterday and My had a taper reamer he loaned me!!!

1badmotorfinger

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Texas
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2020, 07:39:26 PM »

Thanks! Let me know how your rock smasher paint job turns out and what you used. Iím going to be painting mine when I get it and will be also painting a new bumper soon too. Iíve got some various paint rigs I could use but will likely go the rattle can route. Will definitely wipe everything down with solvent first and put a base coat of etching primer first.
1988 Suzuki Samurai
Redneck Right-Wing Patriot
Firm Believer in God, US Bill of Rights & Constitution
Come & Take It

tomtraubertsblues

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:09 AM »

Thanks! Let me know how your rock smasher paint job turns out and what you used. Iím going to be painting mine when I get it and will be also painting a new bumper soon too. Iíve got some various paint rigs I could use but will likely go the rattle can route. Will definitely wipe everything down with solvent first and put a base coat of etching primer first.

That's exactly what I did. I sanded quickly with 80 grit, wiped with solvent (I ran out so it may not have gotten everything off), rattle can of self etching primer, and then flat black. I needed it done last night so I only did two coats of primer and 2 coats of paint. I know heim joints are not DOT approved so I figured black would not draw attention to it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up