ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stainless Steel Dashpanel and Guages  (Read 244 times)

Palawandan

• You Can't Fix Stupid!
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Puerto Princessa Palawan Philippines
Stainless Steel Dashpanel and Guages
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:57:51 PM »

2up Hi All Zuksters - Well, covid 19 is making sure I am home and working on my rig..........so I am sitting in my rig with a cold one, looking at the dash that is all cracked and beat to hell by the sun and 32 years of bouncing around, when I get this wild hair to replace it with a stainless steel one. We do a lot of Stainless steel here on the island as it does not rust so easily. Off to the closet I went to get a wire coat hanger to form up shape. That finished , I went off to the Stainless Steel shop and had them form up a new dash. The attached pics show the new dash. So , I have also decided to get some new guages and found this company called NEW VINTAGE USA , they reside in Michigan. Check them out, they have some unique designs and are willing to work with you to get you what you want. I chose their AVIATOR SERIES, completely programmable, 3 in 1 guages. Sweet Stuff check them out. I will post more pics as I move along with this project. Right now I am busy getting the old dash out and fitting the new dash. Stay Tuned.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:07:38 PM by Palawandan »
1988 Zuk Tintop 1.3L Ricecooker

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
Re: Stainless Steel Dashpanel and Guages
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »

Looking forward to install pictures.

rykermcdermott

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:08:54 AM »

Oooh you werenít kidding about rust being a problem in Puerto Princessa. I just looked it up on wikipedia and itís even rainier than my old haunt of Portland Oregon. Anyways, how did the install go?

Palawandan

• You Can't Fix Stupid!
  • ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Puerto Princessa Palawan Philippines
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »

Working on it - Getting my guages manufactured right now and it takes a bit of time for the mail to get here. We laugh here in Palawan because we dont really know if we are part of the Philippines or not! Yep it does rain here for about 4 months. We just got done with 4 days of rain. But stay tuned I will post more pics as this goes along to completion and welcome to the Zuks forum. There are a lot of good people here and are more than willing to help you. BTW Mr. Myron is a GREAT DUDE and always willing to take time out of his day to help you.
1988 Zuk Tintop 1.3L Ricecooker
Pages: [1]   Go Up