ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brake lights work Tail lights work, But not togther  (Read 411 times)

FL. Samurai

• ZOR CLUB
Brake lights work Tail lights work, But not togther
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:05:49 PM »

My tail lights work, brake lights work, headdlights work, blinkers work, side lights work, But if you have your headlights on and you step on the
brakes, the passenger side works fine brake and night time tail lights work, but on the drivers side both lights go out. The night time tail light and the brake light. Could the brake switch be bad? wonder why just the one side, checked the fuses, bulbs they are fine.
Any thoughts?

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
Re: Brake lights work Tail lights work, But not togther
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »

I wouldn't think it's bad switch since it's common to both sides.   I'd start with looking the ground, and light socket for the side that's not working.  take off the ground wire and clean it really well.

FL. Samurai

• ZOR CLUB
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 06:29:54 AM »

Took out the assembly and the ground wire had come off due to rust. There was still enough of the spade left to file carefully and clean up. Hook it back up and it is working great. I will make a note to replace the whole assembly later. I have so many things to fix I have to repair what I can and only spend money on what has to to replaced. Thanks for the help!

Bad Goat

• ZOR CLUB
  • Located in: Oregon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »

Thanks for posting back your results!
Pages: [1]   Go Up