ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The GC Outdoors Store- knives, sharpeners, tactical gear, survival gear and more  (Read 13621 times)

Zuki87jx

• THG

To be honest it's not that bad. Every now and then it'll get real slick when there's oil and such on the handle

The warranty is great too, my snap on guy is a dealer for them, so if I ever break the tip off I give it to him and he ships it off for a new blade free of charge
Curtain climber

Still Zukin

• Administrator
  • Located in: White River, South Dakota
  • Dead Broke Zuker

I used to carry nothing but a Case, but they sold 25-30 years ago and cheapened the knives quality.

In my pocket is a folding Gerber that uses replacement utility knife blades and I use Erwin carbide blades.

My main knife I use is a Leatherman multi-tool. Like them much better than the Gerber I had before.

I really have not shopped for a knife in years so I'm not much good for your questions, sorry.
Never Squat when You Are Wearing Spurs

Zuki87jx

• THG

To add some thing to my original post, I don't like the lock back to be on the back of the knife. I like it on the inside like the one pictured
Curtain climber

Metal Leg

• THG

This is my personal daily carry knife. It was given to me as a gift and has been the BEST knife I've ever carried. However I used to carry far cheaper knives. This is an Emerson Horseman. It features a 5" closed linerlock, black finish 154CM stainless blade with radial thumb lug, black G-10 handles with stainless pocket clip, lanyard hole, and Emerson's Wave feature. This puppy retails around $210 and I almost pooped when I found that out. Kinda blew my mind that someone would give me such a valuable knife. I've enjoyed it immensly though. I can offer these much lower than the retail price however.

Metal Leg

• THG

No worries Kelly. I appreciate the info all the same. I also carry multi tools so feedback on them is also important to me.  :-)2tup

Metal Leg

• THG

To clarify on the Emerson Wave Feature...

The Emerson "Wave Feature", also called the remote pocket opener, is the most dynamic and advanced feature ever designed for folding knives. This device allows you to open the knife literally, as it is removed from the pocket. This makes any "Waved" Emerson knife the fastest deploying folding knife in the world. Faster than an automatic, your knife is open as it comes up into your hand-ready for use. The Emerson "Wave Feature" is now officially required on all the knives that Emerson supplies to the Military Combat Units, Military Search and Rescue Units, and Law Enforcement Agencies.

Zuki87jx

• THG

How does it keep from randomly opening in your pocket?
Curtain climber

Metal Leg

• THG

See the little hook on the top of the blade by the handle? When you pull the knife out and back from your pocket, it catches the pocket and flips open the blade. It is amazingly fast! If you want to pull the knife without deploying the blade, just pull it straight up out of the pocket.

Metal Leg

• THG

To add some thing to my original post, I don't like the lock back to be on the back of the knife. I like it on the inside like the one pictured

I agree with you. I prefer liner locks. Easier to manipulate one handed.

Zuki87jx

• THG

I have this one as a spare
Curtain climber

Metal Leg

• THG

Just found a really cool Kershaw called Junkyard Dog. Has an Air Force theme. I may just get one for my cousin.

The Junkyard Dog II is pretty awesome as well.

jethrobodean

• THG
  • The Great Communicator.

What are your favorite brands of knife? List a few.  Big fan of Case for traditional stuff. Buck has fallen off in recent years IMO. EDC stuff, Benchmade & CRKT.

What style and size knife do you carry daily? CRKT M16

What qualities do you look for in a daily duty knife? Ease of use/one handed operation. Durability. Size

Are you the type of person to carry a $10 Old Timer from Walmart or spend more on a higher end knife? Higher end. Still got a few old timers, but mainly for sentimental value.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:51:45 PM by jethrobodean »

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master

Ok I want the riggers knife with a Marlin Spike. I think the MYBW300P or the MYL300P

Let me know what it will cost, I know the prices changed since the catalog..
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

nagtrainer

• Psychotic zuker
  • THG
  • Located in: Eunice NM
  • I am the PING master

What are your favorite brands of knife? List a few.  Big fan of Case for traditional stuff. Buck has fallen off in recent years IMO. EDC stuff, Benchmade & CRKT.

What style and size knife do you carry daily? CRKT M16

What qualities do you look for in a daily duty knife? Ease of use/one handed operation. Durability. Size

Are you the type of person to carry a $10 Old Timer from Walmart or spend more on a higher end knife? Higher end. Still got a few old timers, but mainly for sentimental value.

I have to agree wit hyou on Buck, they really have cut the cost on blade quality since the 80's. I still have my original buck light, and an original ranger 110. it holds an edge like nobody's business, just take forever to put one on it...
A tech link that has Suzuki factory manual information for a small donation is
http://www.acksfaq.com

Metal Leg

• THG

Ok I want the riggers knife with a Marlin Spike. I think the MYBW300P or the MYL300P

Let me know what it will cost, I know the prices changed since the catalog..

I'll look into it tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up