ZORum

Advanced search  

News:

Tired of Facebook drama and haters? Join ZORum and help us reunite the community.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EGR-BLOW BY-CATCH CAN Tech  (Read 2118 times)

zorproducts

• "Squirrel King" aka "MY" Boss man at ZOR
  • Administrator
  • Located in: Camp Verde, Arizona
  • "Adapt or Die" Don't believe me? Ask a dinosaur...
    • Zorproducts
EGR-BLOW BY-CATCH CAN Tech
« on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:42 PM »

Recently I had a client that asked me a question that I have heard before. Ok, heard hundreds of times before.
Question: My, The 1.3 that I put in my samurai has about 500 miles on it now. Blow by out the valve cover is terrible. Bad enough that it's slobbering oil down sides of engine. Ruining your side carb setup, stock valve cover, no pcv, using the little filter you sent with carb. Runs good. Any quick suggestions?
Thanks, Wesley M.

He added: For clarification it's probably been doing it since day one, just finally oil soaked the little filter enough that it has started drooling everywhere. Only leaks out of the little vent filter on top of valve cover

MY Answer:
So when I was first peeking under hoods as a kid it was early 60's and valve covers had breathers. Messy dripping breathers. Oil level remains the same so can't be oil. Emission Gas is what it was eventually named and reduction of it or EGR means the left over residue of the explosion on modern engine is constantly in a loop. This gunks up the inside of the engine or Carb if it is re-routed that way.

I prefer fresh air and clean gas to feed my Suzuki engines. So I clean up. This is why they invented PCV positive crankcase vent/valve
Engines that have the loop must have a system to allow entry of the E.G. Into the crankcase a place to go and relieve pressure before the seals are pushed out by pressure.
Venting out eliminates any possibility of pressure build up.

A remanufactured engine has a longer "ring seat" time than a new factory engine due to tensile strength of rings. A remanufactured engine will increase combustion and decrease blow by as the rings seat in 7, -10,000 miles. Many miles later  the process is reversed.

Interesting reading: https://www.redline-motorworks.com/blogs/news/50063555-how-does-an-oil-catch-can-work-and-why-is-it-beneficial

Low dollar fix

Stay outta my tree.
And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood for that matter!

RJG79

• NWS
Re: EGR-BLOW BY-CATCH CAN Tech
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

I run a fuel filter catch can.. I'll post a pic soon..
Pages: [1]   Go Up